Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding fields to a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding fields to a file Post 302745821 by Arun Mishra on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 06:04:26 AM
Old 12-18-2012
Thanks for the reply @scrutinizer but your code only adds blank field before the last field. i needed to add before and after. i can modify it and it can work but takes the same time.

---------- Post updated at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:32 PM ----------

sorry my mistake your code is fine

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new fields to an existing layout

Hi Everybody, I have an layout file like below f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, lineend 14 char 1 Their I need to add a new field which would be like f5 char 3, f6 char 2 The o/p should be f1 1 char 10, f2 11 char 2, f3 13 char 1, f5 14 char 3, f6 17 char 2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding field to file and moving the last 2 fields

I have a file with 32 fields each separated by ‘|”. I need to add a file date exactly in the format “ "20100120" “ as the 32nd field moving the existing 32nd field to 33. so the field I added should be 32nd and the 33rd field is the last field before I added the file date. I know we can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

4. Programming

regarding adding fields to DSR protocol in ns2.34

hi i am student doing project in ns2.34. i hav to add field in route cache and packet of DSR routing protocol. which files hv to be changed...pl help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khubalkar
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

regarding adding fields to DSR protocol in ns2.34

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: want to add field to route cache and packet of DSR routing protocol in ns2.34, add field, DSR package in ns2.34... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khubalkar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding fields to file

Hi All, I have a file(Pipe Delimited) where i need to add a blank field before the last field and a blank field after the last field. Please help. I have provided below the sample input records and desired output. Code: Sample Input: A0010000|Abilene TX A 1|A0010957|Dallas... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Fields to the file

Hi All, I get a file on weekly basis from client. I need to write a script which make sure the file should have 20 columns after the first column. If not then the script should add the remaining columns and default them to space(except for 2nd and 3rd). and at the same time the script should... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: adding fields after matching $1

Dear AWK-experts! I did get stuck in the task of combining files after matching fields, so I'm still awkward with learning AWK. There are 2 files: one containing 3 columns with ID, coding status, and score for long noncoding RNAs: file1 (1.txt) (>5000 lines) ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kben
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding ' in particular fields

I have a file with 4 columns a|b|c|d I need to add single quotes around field 2 and 3 I need it to be like a|'b'|'c'|d (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)