Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Setting Password For PDF File--Linux Post 302745725 by MKR on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 12:59:12 AM
Old 12-18-2012
RedHat Setting Password For PDF File--Linux

Hi,

I am in need of help. My requirements are :
1) To convert the existing files (irrespective of their format) in a directory to PDF format
2) To make the converted files password protected.

I did the attempt to do the same. Though the existing files (irrespective of their format) are getting converted to pdf, but when I take the the to local desktop, it is not opening as its pops "format not supported".
I did as " mv $i* $i.pdf " (variable i which holds the existing file name alone).
I have no idea how to make it password protected.

Please help me asap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in setting up password without Interaction.

Can anybody tell me how can I create an account without having to enter the password after editing the vipw file. I mean the system should automatically take care of the password encryption in the shadow file and I don't to enter the password again and the Account should be ready to go. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Password Setting

Hi: Could I set the: - Login Time-out Interval - Password History Count - Lockout Duration - Lockout Threshold for user account in Sun Solaris 5.8. Thanks for your help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlsun
6 Replies

3. Programming

Linux C - how to open a pdf file with default reader

sorry if i repost this... hi.. i want to ask how to open pdf files using C in Linux in Windows, i just use this code: ShellExecute(GetDesktopWindow(), "open", "D:\\Folder\\File.pdf", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); thanks for advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password in ldap

Hi, I have installed open ldap according to the order from this video: YouTube - bowendenning's Channel sudo apt-get install slapd sudo apt-get install ldap-utils sudo apt-get install phpldapadmin The installaion was good. However it did NOT ask from me any password. After I enter to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

5. Solaris

default password setting

Can anyone kindly explain to me the meaning of the default values of the code below please? Thank you very much #MINDIFF=3 #MINALPHA=2 #MINNONALPHA=1 #MINUPPER=0 #MINLOWER=0 #MAXREPEATS=0 #MINSPECIAL=0 #MINDIGIT=0 #WHITESPACE=YES (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Setting password complexity

Hi, I am setting password complexity in SLES 11. I am able to do most of things pam-config -d --pwcheck pam-config -a --cracklib pam-config -a --cracklib-minlen=8 pam-config -a --cracklib-dcredit=-1 pam-config -a --cracklib-ocredit=-1 pam-config -a --pwhistory pam-config -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems setting password.

Hi All, I have a problem setting the password when I have to create a user and password as detailed below. username : gaacj01 password : oshopp01 username : gaacj02 password : oshopp02 username : gaacj03 password : oshopp03 username : gaacj04 password : oshopp04 username : gaacj05 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittigolf
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scanning a pdf file in Linux shell

I want to search a keyword in a list of pdf files and when i find a match i want to write the title and author of that pdf file to another file. How will I do this using linux shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK33
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pdfimages(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pdfimages(1)

NAME
pdfimages - Portable Document Format (PDF) image extractor (version 3.00) SYNOPSIS
pdfimages [options] PDF-file image-root DESCRIPTION
Pdfimages saves images from a Portable Document Format (PDF) file as Portable Pixmap (PPM), Portable Bitmap (PBM), or JPEG files. Pdfimages reads the PDF file PDF-file, scans one or more pages, and writes one PPM, PBM, or JPEG file for each image, image-root-nnn.xxx, where nnn is the image number and xxx is the image type (.ppm, .pbm, .jpg). OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to scan. -l number Specifies the last page to scan. -j Normally, all images are written as PBM (for monochrome images) or PPM (for non-monochrome images) files. With this option, images in DCT format are saved as JPEG files. All non-DCT images are saved in PBM/PPM format as usual. -opw password Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions. -upw password Specify the user password for the PDF file. -p Include page numbers in output file names. -q Don't print any messages or errors. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXIT CODES
The Xpdf tools use the following exit codes: 0 No error. 1 Error opening a PDF file. 2 Error opening an output file. 3 Error related to PDF permissions. 99 Other error. AUTHOR
The pdfimages software and documentation are copyright 1998-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC. SEE ALSO
pdffonts(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftohtml(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1) 22 January 2004 pdfimages(1)