Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass current year and month in FOR LOOP in UNIX shell scripting? Post 302745615 by shoan on Monday 17th of December 2012 04:15:27 PM
Old 12-17-2012
How to pass current year and month in FOR LOOP in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi Team,

I have created a script and using FOR LOOP like this and it is working fine.

Code:
for Month in  201212 201301 201302 201303  
do

echo "Starting the statistics gathering of $Month partitions "  

done

But in my scripts the " Month " variable is hard-coded. Can you please any one help me how to capture the month variable in UNIX in this format ("YYYYMM") and pass it dynamically in the FOR LOOP.

Thanks in Advance
Shoan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get the last month and year in UNIX

how to get the last month and year in UNIx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
2 Replies

2. AIX

Convert unix timestamp to year month day format ?

Hello, How do I convert unix timestamp value to 'normal' date format - to get year month and day values ? Looks like it's easy to do using GNU date (linux systems). But how do I do tthis on AIX ? I don't want to write C program, any ways to do that using unix shells ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

4. Programming

Interval year to month

Hi, I'm working on a Informix4gl module. I'm just trying to find out any built-in function to fetch only the year/month from an INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH data value. Please let me know, if there are any functions to do this. If not, let me know for any alternative solutions to attain this. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get last year and month from the file

Hi I have files like abc_cd_20110302_123423 abc_cd_ef_20110301_123423 abc_cd_ef_20110403_123423 abc_ef_20110401_123423 I want to extract the the year and month associated with each file. I tried logfileyearmonth=`echo $logfile | awk -F_'{print $NF}'` Any other way can I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix man command to find out month of the year?

how can i display month of the year i was born with using man command? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janetroop95
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unable to pass a space inside a variable shell scripting

Can anyone help me in solving this ? p=`date` e=`echo $p | awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $p Wed Aug 4 12:00:08 IST 2013 but when I am echoing the value of e it is giving me with one space. As shown below: # echo $e Aug 4 I need this value to be exact as found in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the for loop output from a remote server in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , when i try to use for loop i am getting the expected output. $for variable in $(ps -fu user | grep -i something/ | grep -i something | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}');do > grep $variable /tmp/some_path/*/* > done when tried the below to remote server, getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Script(3pm)