Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can someone explain what these arguments mean? Post 302745611 by Marc G on Monday 17th of December 2012 04:09:41 PM
Old 12-17-2012
Thank you all for giving me the answer here! I had not tried this on an AIX box. Only a virtual linux box and a Solaris server I have access too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain this

zsh 4.3.4% cat file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ zsh 4.3.4% cat file1 A C F R zsh 4.3.4% <file1 while read;do printf "%s=%d\n" "$REPLY" "${#$(<file)//}";done A=9 C=7 F=4 R=2 That was the previous post. But , can anybody can explain me in detail about this line zsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain the below

could u please convert the below statement to shell script ---------- logdir=/smp/dyn/logfiles/cpm/pgm/pgIm $logdir = $logdir ."/pgIm${toDate}*"; ---- could u please explain the below clearly grep -i adding $logdir | grep -iv equation | awk '{print \$NF}' | sort -u | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. AIX

can anyone explain this?

this is the mksys b script.... can anyone explain .. what # and 1 in if condition this is the first line of the script... it is not from middle of the script.... if then echo "Not enough parameters, need a client name for mksysb" Usage="Usage: $0 <client name>" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

anyone can explain this?

why the case 2 will happen ? , ' should stop the history substitution ,shouldn't it? case 1 # echo "123"|sed '/123/!d' 123 case 2 # echo "123 > 456 > 1 > "|sed '/123/!d' -bash: !d': event not found case 3 # echo "123 > 456 > 12 > "|sed '/123/'\!d 123 # bash --version (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justlooks
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain this for me?

Can someone do me a favour and explain the following for me: ((r=$RANDOM%$n+1)) I know what $RANDOM does but what is % sign and what does it do with %$n+1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can explain this?

Hi friends! I'm learning UNIX and I have a small question. Working with Shell, i put the name of one executable (in c language) + one number and it says this: $ gcc misterioso_4.c $ ./misterioso_4 6 got: , I can not find an answer in the manual because I havent applied any variable.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakota
5 Replies
wml::std::box(3)						     EN Tools							  wml::std::box(3)

NAME
wml::std::box - Easily Create Rectangular Box SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::box <box [attributes]> ... </box> DESCRIPTION
The "<box>" container tag puts its body into a nice rectangular box which itself is build via a HTML "<table>" construct. ATTRIBUTES
"header" This attribute switches between two totally different box variants. When it is present, a headlined box is created by the use of one single table but with space GIFs. When this attribute is missing a standard box is created by the use of two nested tables but without any space GIFs. "bgcolor" This sets the background color of the box. "fgcolor" This sets the foreground (text) color of the box. "bdcolor" This sets the color for the border of the box. The effect of this attribute is the automatic generation of a nested table construct to achieve the optical effect. "bdspace" This sets the space between the border and the body of the box in pixels. Default is 4 pixel. "bdwidth" This sets the border width in pixels. Default is 1 pixel. "width" This sets the total table width in pixels. Default is no specific width for the standard box and 300 pixels for the headlined box (because the headlined variant needs to know a fixed size to create the GIFs accordingly). "summary" Add a description of this table. This attribute is recommended in HTML 4.0. EXAMPLE
<box bdcolor="#000000" bdwidth=1 bdspace=10 bgcolor="#ffffff" fgcolor="#000000"> Foo Bar Quux </box> <box header="Foo Bar Quux Header" bdcolor="#000000" bdwidth=1 bdspace=10 bgcolor="#ffffff" fgcolor="#000000"> Foo Bar Quux </box> AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2 SEE ALSO
HTML "<table>" tag. EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::box(3)