Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Store in a 2 dimensional array - Perl Post 302745571 by @man on Monday 17th of December 2012 02:40:44 PM
Old 12-17-2012
Thanks bartus11!

now that I have this 2 dimensional array I would like to do this afterward:

I want to fill an empty matrix with these letters in this array. The reason for creating random numbers is to take the letters in a random order.

So I add another column to this array with 0 values:

print "$TF[$i]\t" . rand(1) . "\t0\n";

Code:
A	0.724392652	0
C	0.100361935	0
D	0.980176163	0
B	0.626905862	0
E	0.545560827	0
A	0.207170636	0
D	0.233475703	0
C	0.248689653	0
E	0.441124913	0
A	0.695127525	0
B	0.028040103	0
E	0.980644345	0

After sorting based on random numbers the letter is taken and feed to this empty matrix. Each row shouldn't have more than 3 letters in total. by taking each letter the 0 value in array is replaced by 1 , so next time if it is 1 means that we have to skip since it has been taken once.

Do you think you can help me with this? :/

Thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reference two dimensional array in Perl sub

I am trying to reference a two dimensional array in a subroutine and can't seem to figure this one out in Perl. Does anybody know? Please enlighten me. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use constant DIM => 4; sub Shift_elements_right{ my (@Input, @Output) = @_; for ($i = 0 ; $i <= DIM ;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for record (2 dimensional array.)

I am going to develop a address book using the shell scripting commands without sed, awk, .... I am thinking to apply the concept of 2 dimenstional array. Can I create a two dimensional array for the insertion/updation/deletion of record in unix. If yes then tell me plz or recommend me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtaza
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 dimensional array in unix

I am trying to implementing two dimensinal array in ksh script.Would you pls help me out. I have a large size of file, File contains looks like ID SID VLAUE1 VALUE2 TOTALVALUE 1 a1 01 02 03 1 b1 02 05 07 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store content from array to Spread_sheet using perl

How to store the content from array to either "row-column" or "column-row" order? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

6. Programming

Return two dimensional array in c++

I am writing matrix multiplication and trying to return a two dimensional array from a function but I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? here is my code (it is just the skeleton of my program): void main () { ... int *matmultiply (int, int, int, int , int , int ) ... } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a list into a two-dimensional array

hi, total newbie to shell scripting and wondering if some of you guru's can give me a hand on a problem I'm trying to solve. The tmplsnr.a file contains LSNR_51526 db1 db2 LSNR_51527 db3 db4 db5 Summary - depending on which db is set, the script will start the relevant listener... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingy10
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reference 2 dimensional array in awk?

Hello, all For a 1-dimensional array, such as myarr_1=1 myarr_1=2 myarr_1=3I know I can write a loop as below to show the array member one by one: for (i in myarr_1){print i, myarr_1}Now, suppose I have a two dimensional array such as: myarray_2=1 myarray_2=2 myarray_2=10 myarray_2=20My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in bash

Hi, I'm developing a script which contains a multi dimensional array, however for some reason the array is not iterating. When executing the script, services are listed as arguments from argument 2. Ex voice data sms. service=${@:2}; for services in $service do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)