Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending sqlplus output to a shell variable Post 302745567 by beginer314 on Monday 17th of December 2012 02:37:44 PM
Old 12-17-2012
Thanks Scott, that was a stupid mistake i made. Thanks for the quick reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select count(*) in sqlplus into variable unix shell

Need to select count(*) from table to check for zero result in unix script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in passing a variable to sqlplus from a shell script

hi, I am using a shell script from where i will be conecting to sqlplus.. i am having a problem in passing a variable to sqlplus query.. i will be assigning the variable in the unix environment..whenever i am trying to pass a variable having the contents greater than 2500 characters, i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store sqlplus output in variable

hi how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash) Thanks MM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(solved) Shell scripting to access SQLPLUS using variable

I have shell script which will try to login to SQL Plus and retrieve some data, based on the outcome i will proceed further Below is the content of the file pebblz02% cat test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh dummyvar=`sqlplus -S csm_admin/csm_admin@SIDNAME <<EOF echo hi; exit; EOF` Error message on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log sqlplus output from Shell

UNIX Gods, I'll be running this script from CRON. I need to log the status of each of the six sqlplus calls into a file when this job is kicked off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. #!/bin/ksh export USAGE="USAGE: `basename $0` -e <DBUSER> <DBPASSWD> <TNSNAME>" if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhoDatWhoDer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Sed/Echo output to Variable

I have a variable $WORDS that contains a string Then i want to use sed to break it up. echo $WORDS | sed 's// /g' I tried setting this as a variable by doing WORDS2=`echo $WORDS | sed 's// /g'` But when i do this it does not return me to the prompt properly ie. jmpprd-v1> jmpprd-v1>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sqlplus output to shell variable

Hi , I am using below code : for i in `ps -ef|grep pmon|awk {' print $8 '}|cut -f3 -d'_'|grep -v '^grep'` do ORACLE_SID=$i export ORACLE_SID; dest=`sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF set heading off feedback on verify off select DESTINATION from v\\$archive_dest where target in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)