Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX CDE Login on console won't use keyboard Post 302744431 by MadeInGermany on Friday 14th of December 2012 10:20:01 AM
Old 12-14-2012
I think you rather need to find/change the X-server configuration.
It will switch the (common) kbd driver to raw mode.
The X-server should have an error log (or adds to /var/adm/syslog/).
Sorry, I don't know HP-UX graphics in practice.

man X

Last but not least, your graphics cards might have a separate keyboard connector...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

No Keyboard in CDE session

Hi, AIX 5.3 , no Graphical adapter no Keyboard..... I set up CDE to start without graphical boot, dtlogin process is running, when start a xserver from Cygwin to access this box. I can't login, because I have no Keyboard. The Mouse works fine, but when I try to type in the username or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hookerxy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Not able to login through JDS but able to login through CDE

Dear All I am in a strange situation where I have install the Solaris 10 5/08 OS on Netra 1280 server. When I connect it through my laptop so that I can take the GUI from xmanager. When I try to login as root or any other users also through Java Destop Environment which accepted it after few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help with CDE Root Login

Dear Forum, I had this problem initially with HPUX 11.23, all users including root could not login via CDE or telnet. Then after some workarounds, it resolved by resetting root password via console login. After enabling back all users to login normally (via CDE or telnet), only root can not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: irda
4 Replies

4. AIX

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login on CDE AIX 4.2

Hi, can somebody please, please help me? After a power loss and server restart my server running AIX 4.2.2 could not boot. Following the procedure in my user guide I checked the hd's with # fsck -y /dev/hd1 # fsck -y /dev/hd2 # fsck -y /dev/hd3 # fsck -y /dev/hd4 # fsck -y /dev/hd9var ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: semso
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Questions about the Linux console keyboard driver / translation tables

Hi there, I am trying to understand the logic of the Linux keyboard driver, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't know where else I could. Btw. I am talking about an unicode console here. 1.) The Linux kernel (currently) can take 256 translation tables (keymaps),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill Cosby
2 Replies

7. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris LDOM not accepting keyboard input at console

Ran into this issue today and wanted to share how I fixed it as there is not a lot a lot of info online on this issue. We upgraded our NetApp controllers to Ontap 9 and reboot all our iSCSI attached LDOMs after. One of the LDOM did not come up cleanly and it would not accept any keyboard inputs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncherukuri
0 Replies

9. Programming

Read in numbers from console won't stop at newline.

Hello, I have snippet code from Lippman's <<C++ primer>>. The program is to convert regular decimal (0 ~ 15) numbers to basic hexdecimals. The instruction tells the program will execute by hitting newline at the end. When I tried to run the compiled program, hitting ENTER did not work as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read won't run keyboard function

I am using while read do/ done to retrieve menu item. Works as advertised, no problem. I am using this hack function "pause" to stop script execution and wait for keyboard "enter" key to continue. Sort of break point function. Also works fine with one exception - it does not work when used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
4 Replies
Tk_GetGC(3tk)						       Tk Library Procedures						     Tk_GetGC(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetGC, Tk_FreeGC - maintain database of read-only graphics contexts SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> GC Tk_GetGC(tkwin, valueMask, valuePtr) Tk_FreeGC(display, gc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the graphics context will be used. unsigned long valueMask (in) Mask of bits (such as GCForeground or GCStipple) indicating which fields of *valuePtr are valid. XGCValues *valuePtr (in) Pointer to structure describing the desired values for the graphics context. Display *display (in) Display for which gc was allocated. GC gc (in) X identifier for graphics context that is no longer needed. Must have been allocated by Tk_GetGC. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetGC and Tk_FreeGC manage a collection of graphics contexts being used by an application. The procedures allow graphics contexts to be shared, thereby avoiding the server overhead that would be incurred if a separate GC were created for each use. Tk_GetGC takes arguments describing the desired graphics context and returns an X identifier for a GC that fits the description. The graphics context that is returned will have default values in all of the fields not specified explicitly by valueMask and valuePtr. Tk_GetGC maintains a database of all the graphics contexts it has created. Whenever possible, a call to Tk_GetGC will return an existing graphics context rather than creating a new one. This approach can substantially reduce server overhead, so Tk_GetGC should generally be used in preference to the Xlib procedure XCreateGC, which creates a new graphics context on each call. Since the return values of Tk_GetGC are shared, callers should never modify the graphics contexts returned by Tk_GetGC. If a graphics con- text must be modified dynamically, then it should be created by calling XCreateGC instead of Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer needed, Tk_FreeGC should be called to release it. There should be exactly one call to Tk_FreeGC for each call to Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer in use anywhere (i.e. it has been freed as many times as it has been gotten) Tk_FreeGC will release it to the X server and delete it from the database. KEYWORDS
graphics context Tk Tk_GetGC(3tk)