Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Commands to run from shell script Post 302743251 by phunk on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 11:19:13 AM
Old 12-12-2012
What error are you receiving? (If any - it's just as important for us to know if you get no response from the shell)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I write script that lets me run shell commands?

Hello I want to make simple extension to vi , you know how you want to run some shell command you do ":! ls -l " , then you go out the vi the command executed and then you hit enter and you back to vi but now I want to be able to go out of vi and run several command outside of vi .. and in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to run the commands reading options from local file

I have to use shell script to run series of commands on another unix box by connecting through SSH and giving user credentials. For running commands on remote machine I have to use options reading from a local file. Process: Connecting to remote unix server <host1.ibm.com> through ssh Login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsprout
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in $() without opening a new shell

The code below works, but takes too many lines and looks awkward: db2 "export to $filename of del select * from $table with ur"|tee -a $LOGFILE|awk '/Number of rows exported:/ {print $5}' > numrows.tmp numrows=$(cat numrows.tmp) rm numrows.tmp When I try the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akar_naveen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Shell Commands via HTML on a client machine

Hi guys, so, I have a server running an sqlite database which is accessed by many client machines working as hardware testers, whenever something fails and needs to be replaced the operator would have to enter the Serial Number of the part being replaced as well as some other data. and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] run a shell who runs commands

Hi all. On X11 I'm on a shell ...shell_1 (/bin/bash). From here I want to open another shell window shell_2 who executes commands like "ls -l" or programs like ". /program"... so the "result" of commands shows in shell_2 window and not in shell_1. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerold
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run commands in different terminals

hi, how to write shell script that runs different commands(like:ls,ps,ls-l) in differnt terminals(each command should run in different terminal). my main motive is to run different 'c' program exe's available in different locations in different terminals. thanks sai (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidopdf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Shell Commands after creating MYSQL Connection

Hi, I am trying to make a Shell Script using which I will update around 10K records in MySQL db each night. For that, I am currently doing the following command in FOR LOOP: mysql -D $MASTER_DB_NAME -h $MASTER_DB_HOST -u $MASTER_DB_USER -p$MASTER_DB_PASSWD -e "$SQL_Query" This command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulmittal87
2 Replies
BUNDLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BUNDLE(1)

NAME
bundle - collect files for distribution SYNOPSIS
bundle file ... DESCRIPTION
Bundle writes on its standard output a shell script for rc(1) or a Bourne shell which, when executed, will recreate the original files. Its main use is for distributing small numbers of text files by mail(1). Although less refined than standard archives from ar(1) or tar(1), a bundle file is self-documenting and complete; little preparation is required on the receiving machine. EXAMPLES
bundle mkfile *.[ch] | mail kremvax!boris Send a makefile to Boris together with related and files. Upon receiving the mail, Boris may save the file sans postmark, say in gift/horse, then do cd gift; rc horse; mk SOURCE
/rc/bin/bundle SEE ALSO
ar(1), tar(1), mail(1) BUGS
Bundle will not create directories and is unsatisfactory for non-text files. Beware of gift horses. BUNDLE(1)