Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue on smbclient
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue on smbclient Post 302742857 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 04:54:06 PM
Old 12-11-2012
To me the command seems to put a unix file into a windows environment, so <CR>s too many should not be the problem, rather missing <CR>s will make MS's editors fail. What do you mean by EOL char (which binary code)? Are they missing or too many?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incomplete reading and transferring zip file via SAMBA smbclient

Hello, Anyone out there can help on this problem? I have a zip file about 34MB containing a file in EBCDIC and is resided on a Windows 2000 server. This zip file is retrieved and read from a UNIX server via SAMBA "SMBCLIENT" (by default the file is transferred via command bin) and issued... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie Law
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Connect smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory

Hello everybody .. i want connect with smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory. Exist a version of samba that can do this? Thank you very much for your time. Good Luck :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smbclient on Unix

The directory on windows server is renamed and I need to change the directory location on smbclient on unix. How do i do that, please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the smbclient

Hi, I am trying to use smbclient to send message to a windows machine.It is showing "connection failed message" . After googled I came to know about "smbfind" which will give me the nodes in my network. In that list the machine name was not present where I was trying to send the message. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smbclient & dd

you know I am told to get an image of the whole ubuntu system on my server shared folder. If you have used dd before to get an image of the occupied space on the system please lemme know bout your command. (I preferably want dd to only get an image of the occupied file system not the free space)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

smbclient - check if 'cd' is sucessful?

Hi, I've a question regarding a smbclient-Command in my shell script. Here my relevant script part: fileattr=`/opt/samba/bin/smbclient --authentication-file=$AUTH_FILE //$SMB_HOST/$SMB_SHARE 2> /dev/null prompt off cd $SMB_DIR put $LOC_FILE $SMB_FILE dir /$SMB_DIR/$SMB_FILE ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - If and smbclient (ftp)...help

Hi, So I am writting a script to copy files from Linux to windows using smbclient, I have done this a fair amount of times now. Unfortunately this time I am using a simply if statement to determine if the file exists before beginning the smbclient section.....however if I tab the smbclient... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using command line variables in smbclient

Hi All, Have written a couple of lines to move the contents of a folder from a unix box to a windows location using smbclient (below) smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'mkdir \test_folder"' smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'cd "; lcd ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary2410
4 Replies

10. Linux

Error on smbclient login on Red Hat

I have the smbclient installed and I am able to see information from the '-L' option. But when I attempt to login I'm getting the "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME". I was hoping for help, because I'm not sure what is supposed to go into the smb.conf file. My goal is to transfer files from my Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
2 Replies
Test::EOL(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Test::EOL(3pm)

NAME
Test::EOL - Check the correct line endings in your project SYNOPSIS
"Test::EOL" lets you check for the presence of trailing whitespace and/or windows line endings in your perl code. It reports its results in standard "Test::Simple" fashion: use Test::EOL tests => 1; eol_unix_ok( 'lib/Module.pm', 'Module is ^M free'); and to add checks for trailing whitespace: use Test::EOL tests => 1; eol_unix_ok( 'lib/Module.pm', 'Module is ^M and trailing whitespace free', { trailing_whitespace => 1 }); Module authors can include the following in a t/eol.t and have "Test::EOL" automatically find and check all perl files in a module distribution: use Test::EOL; all_perl_files_ok(); or use Test::EOL; all_perl_files_ok( @mydirs ); and if authors would like to check for trailing whitespace: use Test::EOL; all_perl_files_ok({ trailing_whitespace => 1 }); or use Test::EOL; all_perl_files_ok({ trailing_whitespace => 1 }, @mydirs ); DESCRIPTION
This module scans your project/distribution for any perl files (scripts, modules, etc) for the presence of windows line endings. FUNCTIONS
all_perl_files_ok all_perl_files_ok( [ \%options ], [ @directories ] ) Applies "eol_unix_ok()" to all perl files found in @directories (and sub directories). If no <@directories> is given, the starting point is one level above the current running script, that should cover all the files of a typical CPAN distribution. A perl file is *.pl or *.pm or *.t or a file starting with "#!...perl" Valid "\%options" currently are: o trailing_whitespace By default Test::EOL only looks for Windows (CR/LF) line-endings. Set this to true to raise errors if any kind of trailing whitespace is present in the file. o all_reasons Normally Test::EOL reports only the first error in every file (given that a text file originated on Windows will fail every single line). Set this a true value to register a test failure for every line with an error. If the test plan is defined: use Test::EOL tests => 3; all_perl_files_ok(); the total number of files tested must be specified. eol_unix_ok eol_unix_ok ( $file [, $text] [, \%options ] ) Run a unix EOL check on $file. For a module, the path (lib/My/Module.pm) or the name (My::Module) can be both used. $text is the diagnostic label emited after the "ok"/"not ok" TAP output. "\%options" takes the same values as described in "all_perl_files_ok". EXPORT
A list of functions that can be exported. You can delete this section if you don't export anything, such as for a purely object-oriented module. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Shamelessly ripped off from Test::NoTabs. SEE ALSO
Test::More, Test::Pod. Test::Distribution, <Test:NoWarnings>, Test::NoTabs, Module::Install::AuthorTests. AUTHORS
o Arthur Axel 'fREW' Schmidt <frioux@gmail.com> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Kent Fredric <kentfredric@gmail.com> o Peter Rabbitson <ribasushi@cpan.org> o Tomas Doran <bobtfish@bobtfish.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Tomas Doran. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-15 Test::EOL(3pm)