Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue on smbclient
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue on smbclient Post 302742857 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 04:54:06 PM
Old 12-11-2012
To me the command seems to put a unix file into a windows environment, so <CR>s too many should not be the problem, rather missing <CR>s will make MS's editors fail. What do you mean by EOL char (which binary code)? Are they missing or too many?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incomplete reading and transferring zip file via SAMBA smbclient

Hello, Anyone out there can help on this problem? I have a zip file about 34MB containing a file in EBCDIC and is resided on a Windows 2000 server. This zip file is retrieved and read from a UNIX server via SAMBA "SMBCLIENT" (by default the file is transferred via command bin) and issued... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie Law
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Connect smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory

Hello everybody .. i want connect with smbclient to an windows server 2003 with active directory. Exist a version of samba that can do this? Thank you very much for your time. Good Luck :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smbclient on Unix

The directory on windows server is renamed and I need to change the directory location on smbclient on unix. How do i do that, please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the smbclient

Hi, I am trying to use smbclient to send message to a windows machine.It is showing "connection failed message" . After googled I came to know about "smbfind" which will give me the nodes in my network. In that list the machine name was not present where I was trying to send the message. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smbclient & dd

you know I am told to get an image of the whole ubuntu system on my server shared folder. If you have used dd before to get an image of the occupied space on the system please lemme know bout your command. (I preferably want dd to only get an image of the occupied file system not the free space)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

smbclient - check if 'cd' is sucessful?

Hi, I've a question regarding a smbclient-Command in my shell script. Here my relevant script part: fileattr=`/opt/samba/bin/smbclient --authentication-file=$AUTH_FILE //$SMB_HOST/$SMB_SHARE 2> /dev/null prompt off cd $SMB_DIR put $LOC_FILE $SMB_FILE dir /$SMB_DIR/$SMB_FILE ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - If and smbclient (ftp)...help

Hi, So I am writting a script to copy files from Linux to windows using smbclient, I have done this a fair amount of times now. Unfortunately this time I am using a simply if statement to determine if the file exists before beginning the smbclient section.....however if I tab the smbclient... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using command line variables in smbclient

Hi All, Have written a couple of lines to move the contents of a folder from a unix box to a windows location using smbclient (below) smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'mkdir \test_folder"' smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'cd "; lcd ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary2410
4 Replies

10. Linux

Error on smbclient login on Red Hat

I have the smbclient installed and I am able to see information from the '-L' option. But when I attempt to login I'm getting the "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME". I was hoping for help, because I'm not sure what is supposed to go into the smb.conf file. My goal is to transfer files from my Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
2 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)