Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysqldump certain tables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mysqldump certain tables Post 302742667 by timgolding on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 12:17:53 PM
Old 12-11-2012
Mysqldump certain tables

Hi,

I have to upload part of my database periodically when i make changes to product data etc. However I only want to upload certain tables. We suffer from bandwidth chock here, so i want to write a couple of separate scripts that upload parts of the database that changed. The database is large and it is split into to sections Feed driven data, which is 27MB and Manual driven data which is 8MB. To reduce the upload time i decided to write a script that uploads the feed stuff (to be run once a month) and another script to upload the manual stuff (could be run daily) to reduce the upload time. I therefore decided i would have a script to copy the sections of the database in to a smaller database on the development server. Then a script on the live server to download the smaller database from the development server. I am however having troubles creating the first script.

Here is what i have.

Code:
mysqladmin -u root --password='mypassword' --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock drop DATABASE_TEMP
mysqladmin -u root --password='mypassword' --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock create DATABASE_TEMP

for table in TABLE TABLE2 TABLE3 TABLE4 TABLE5
do
echo "copying table"
mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' DATABASE $table | mysql --socket=/tmp/mysql.sock -u root --password='mypassword' DATABASE_TEMP
done

Am i on the right track? Should i be doing this with a single command somehow? Will this work? I am reluctant to test it without some advice because i don't want to much anything up.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysqldump script without hardcode password

OS: Linux ambglx02 2.6.16.60-0.21-default #1 Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Shell: bash Currently I have a mysqldump script to backup my mysql database, the command is as below: /opt/novell/mysql/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -u root -p -h mydb > /home/john/mydb.sql ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqldump bus error - cored dumped

hi, I need to backup a database but I'm getting the error "bus error - core dumped" just after I run mysqldump command. The server has installed solaris 9. Any help would be appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysqldump slowing down the process?

Hi All, I have a data calculation process-a perl script running each and every hour which will do some calculations on the data stored in a mysql server. Normally it tooks around 2minutes (max) to complete. But in case if i did any actions on the linux box where the database is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for mysqldump command

I want to take a backup of a database and redirect the output of the whole process to a log file. I am using the below command: mysqldump -A --add-drop-table > mysql-daily-backup.sql &> /tmp/backup_log/mysql.log Is there anything wrong with the syntax? ---------- Post updated at 08:32 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with my crontab file, using mysqldump

My crontab file tells cron to run a certain shell script at 10:30 AM every day. The shell script backs up my database with mysqldump and then runs a sed script that does some editing of the backup file. I have programmed the shell script to write an error message to a file I have in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysqldump rotate backup

I have a very simple script that uses a cron job to take a daily backup of our orders database. echo "Dumping ORDERS database"; mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' -h '1.1.1.1' --opt --compress ORDERS $tbl_names > /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/db_backups/orders.sql echo "Copied database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with automatically Import from special mysqldump

Hi @ all I need a little bit help with a tricky problem ... Here´s the situation: We´ve 2 MySQL-Servers, one is productive, the other is Backup. At the productive Server there runs every 2 hours a cron Job which does a Dump from MySQL-DB with script 'automysqlbackup.sh' and copy it then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
7 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)