Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file Post 302742613 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 10:44:50 AM
Old 12-11-2012
try fixed:
Code:
awk -F"|" 'NR==FNR {a[$1]=$0; for (i=2; i<=6; i++) b[$1,$i]=b[$1,i]=$i; next}
a[$1] {  
  s=0; 
  for (i=2; i<=6; i++) {if (!b[$1,$i]) s=1};  
  if (s==1) {    
    printf "{ \"";    
    printf substr($8,3) "\", \"";    
    printf b[$1,2]      "\", \"";    
    printf b[$1,3]      "\", \"";    
    printf b[$1,4]      "\", \"";    
    printf b[$1,5]      "\", \"";    
    printf $1           "\", \"";    
    printf substr($7,3) "\", \"";    
    printf $9           "\", \"";    
    printf $15;    
    print  "\" }";  
  }
}' file1 file2 > file3

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Compare files, different fields, output

Hi All, Looking for a quick AWK script to output some differences between two files. FILE1 device1 1.1.1.1 PINGS device1 2.2.2.2 PINGS FILE2 2862 SITE1 device1-prod 1.1.1.1 icmp - 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stacky69
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Shell/Perl(?)] Prepending timestamps to console output & writing results to a file

I do a lot of TSM work and I embarked on what I thought would be an easy task, and I'd be very happy for any input to save the pounding my keyboard is receiving :] By default, the output of TSM's console has no timestamping, making it hard to sort through accurately. This puts my console into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to match and merge data from 2 files into 1.

Hello, hopefully this is an easy on for the AWK guru's out there. I'm having some trouble figuring out how to match+merge data in 2 files into 1 single report. I've got my 2 files filtered and delimited, just need to MATCH $3 in file1 to $1 in file2, then put $0 from File1 and $2+$3 from File2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print fields that match using conditions and a default value for non-matching in two files

Trying to use awk to match the contents of each line in file1 with $5 in file2. Both files are tab-delimited and there may be a space or special character in the name being matched in file2, for example in file1 the name is BRCA1 but in file2 the name is BRCA 1 or in file1 name is BCR but in file2... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match Fields between two files, print portions of each file together when matched in ([g]awk)'

I've written an awk script to compare two fields in two different files and then print portions of each file on the same line when matched. It works reasonably well, but every now and again, I notice some errors and cannot seem to figure out what the issue may be and am turning to you for help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk move select fields to match file prefix in two directories

In the awk below I am trying to use the file1 as a match to file2. In file2 the contents of $5,&6,and $7 (always tab-delimited) and are copied to the output under the header Quality metrics. The below executes but the output is empty. I have added comments to help and show my thinking. Thank you... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on match in 3 fields

Trying to use awk to store the value of $5 in file1 in array x. That array x is then used to search $4 of file1 to find aa match (I use x to skip the header in file1). Since $4 can have multiple strings in it seperated by a , (comma), I split them and iterate througn each split looking for a match.... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk match two fields in two files

Hi, I have two TEST files t.xyz and a.xyz which have three columns each. a.xyz have more rows than t.xyz. I will like to output rows at which $1 and $2 of t.xyz match $1 and $2 of a.xyz. Total number of output rows should be equal to that of t.xyz. It works fine, but when I apply it to large... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)