Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with the For loop shell script Post 302742355 by ganesnar on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 01:56:29 AM
Old 12-11-2012
Help with the For loop shell script

Hi,

I have multiple files in a directory. Each file will have a header.I have to check if any of the files has 0 rows other than the header then I have to delete the files.
Here “ Empty file” in my case means a file has header information but no data. I have to delete such files.
If the file count =1 then delete the files else cp the files from one location to another.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd filepath
rc=`awk '{n++} END {print n}' file1.csv`
if [ $rc -ne 1 ]; then
`cp /file1.csv file1path/file2.csv`
exit $rc 
else 
`rm -rf file1.csv`    
fi

The above script is good for checking one file but I couldn't check multiple files.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags for code and data

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-11-2012 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Removed font codes, added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else loop in Shell script

Hi Following is the code . When I give input as Bangalore,its dospalying Welcome to Hitech City. But say , if I select Delhi or US, its not displaying the corresponding message. Its still says Welcome to Hitech City. Seems that it not entering in the elif part. Please suggest. #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loop in a shell script

I just want to write a little script, that reads the lines from a file, echos somthing in a new tmp.file and then do some commands whith the tmp.files. while read -r line do echo "TEST=" > tmp.$$ echo "$line" >> tmp.$$ any_command < tmp.$$ done < $INPUTFILE But I think I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elifchen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop in shell script

Dear experts, i am quite new to shell script please any one can help me in this regard i would like write a script which takes input in the form >./Test.sh a,10,b,20,c,30... in this way i can give input in any number which is not constant in the end through loop i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using loop

Hi everyone, I have n number of data in my file "temp" in following order.In each line table_name and column_name are different.input data is in same format each query in three lines. ALTER TABLE table_name ADD ( column_name1 VARCHAR2(10), column_name2 VARCHAR2(70) ); ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisha
23 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop problem in c shell script

Hi all, i write a script c shell set i = 1 while ( $i <= $#array ) echo "$array" @ i++ end i want to set it to i = i +2 in that statement . Can anybody help me? ---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:35 PM ---------- anybody not how to solve it??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with IF statement with loop Shell Script

Hello I am very new to shell and I bought some books and trying to learn it. I started trying to write a script that will take a number and count it down to 1 with commas in between. This number can only be one argument. If lower than one or higher than one argument it sends an error message. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding For Loop in Shell Script

I am looking to a solution to the following problem. I have a very large file that looks something like this: Each group of three numbers on each line are three probabilities that sum to one. I want to output the maximum for each group of three. So desired output would be: or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydrabane
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop in shell script

Hi Friends, I have a file. the content is as below: file1: /A/B/C/abc.txt 2013-07-28 13:50:00,2013-07-31 01:00:00,5,710 /A/B/C/xyz.txt 2011-09-21 18:30:00,2013-07-30 06:15:00,15,65135 2009-11-09 18:00:00,2011-09-02 09:00:00,5,12345 2013-07-28 13:50:00,2013-07-31 01:00:00,5,710 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed up the loop in shell script

Hi I have written a shell script which will test 300 to 500 IPs to find which are pinging and which are not pinging. the script which give output as 10.x.x.x is pining 10.x.x.x. is not pining - - - 10.x.x.x is pining like above. But, this script is taking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script use two variable in for loop

I want to create a shell script to add a user and modify its comment field mentioned in a file. 1. File value:- username comment field value xyz123 xyztesting abc123 abctesting def123 deftesting 2. i am using below loop to create user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)