Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search a file for patterns from another file to another with awk Post 302742347 by pamu on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 01:42:59 AM
Old 12-11-2012
small correction to your code...

Code:
$ awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}
  NR==FNR{a[$2]=$1 FS $2;next} {if ($3 in a) {print a[$3],$0}}' file1 file2

1|AAA|-|klk|AAA|$123.00|Qty.2|US

Last edited by pamu; 12-11-2012 at 02:53 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parameterize multiple search patterns and generate a new file

I have one file: 123*100*abcd*10 123*101*abcd*-29*def 123*100*abcd*-10 123*102*abcd*-105*asd I would like to parameterize the search patterns in the following way so that the user could dynamically change the search pattern. *100* and *- (ie *minus) *102* and *- The output that is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to search a text file with multiple patterns?

Good day, great gurus, I'm new to Perl, and programming in general. I'm trying to retrieve a column of data from my text file which spans a non-specific number of lines. So I did a regexp that will pick out the columns. However,my pattern would vary. I tried using a foreach loop unsuccessfully.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sp3ck
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting search patterns in awk with AND

Hello friends, I couldnt connect two search patterns in awk, what i want is to search for two words in a log file; "+MB)" and "Done" i use this code /usr/xpg4/bin/awk '/+MB)/ {gsub("\(","",$5);print int($5)}' mylog.txt and i get integer part of (123,45MB) in a log file "mylog" with ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in retrieving log from a UNIX file using the search patterns

Hi everyone, I am trying to retrieve certain log from a big file. The log size can be from 200 - 600 lines. I have 3 search patterns, out of which 2 (first and last lines) search patterns are common for all the transactions but 3rd search pattern (occurs in the middle of transaction) is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrayudu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read two files, search for patterns and store the output in third file

hello i have two files temp.txt and temp_unique.text the second file consists the unique fields from the temp.txt file the strings stored are in the following form 4,4 17,12 15,65 4,4 14,41 15,65 65,89 1254,1298i'm able to run the following script to get the total count of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading lines from a file between two search patterns

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and is working on a script to extract lines from a log file between two time stamps using awk command. After some research I used following command: awk '/01 Oct 2011/{p=1} /10 Oct 2011/{p=0} p' test.log >> tmp.log This works fine. But now i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple patterns and remove lines from a file?

Hi, I have a file content as below. Table : PAYR Displayed fields: 15 of 15 Fixed columns: 4 List width 0999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirdi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search 2 separate patterns from a 2nd file.?

Hi Guys, Need your urgent support please. I have a file with 3 separate strings separated by a comma and 2nd file which has a sentence where I can find these 3 strings. I need to find sentences which do not have these strings and maybe redirect it to a 3rd file. All the 3 strings will occur... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search patterns from file in another

I would like to grep for aaa and bbb and ccc from one line in file1.txt in any order on a line on file2.txt file1.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd fff ggg hhh ddd jjj jjj cccfile2.txt aaa bbb ccc ddd fff ggg --> output whole line since it matches with aaa bbb ccc of file1.txt aaa ddd jjj hhh --> no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdf
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)