Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle Variable Passing Test
Top Forums Programming Oracle Variable Passing Test Post 302742169 by Scott on Monday 10th of December 2012 04:48:38 PM
Old 12-10-2012
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all Iam trying to send an array to oracle procedure from unix. Iam writing a program in K Shell to pass this array to oracle. Is it possible. Please advice thanks Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all... Im looking to pass the contents of a simple file to Oracle so that it can be stored in a database table. The best way i can think of to avoid overhead is to loop through the contents of the file and store the data in a bash array. then the array can be passed to SQL Plus where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable to oracle procedure

using the script below I want to pass a parameters thorugh my sql call(@/unixsxxx/xxxx/helpenv.sql emptab ) as input into an oracle procedure xxxx_package.proc1(%1,emptab); . I tried %1 but it does not work. Any suggestions. #!bin/ksh set -x # export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Test if Oracle listener is running

Hi All , I am new to shall scripting, i want write an script for oracle tns and listener. If tns working i want o/p as "Listener and TNS are working" else o/p should be ""Listener and TNS are not Working" below is the command in unix to check the tns status, if no output it means TNS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to Oracle

cat a1 scott robert tom test script : #!/usr/bin/ksh for NAME in `cat a1` do VALUE=`sqlplus -silent "nobody/bobody01@testq" <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select username from dba_users where username=upper('$NAME'); END` if ; then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing output parameter(Oracle) to variable in ksh Script

Hello, I have researched and tried many way to pass OUT parameter to be stored in variable in KSH Script.Still not success, please help. Here is my Store Procedure. create procedure testout3(v_in varchar2,v_out OUT integer) as begin v_out := 1; end; Here is my testvout.ksh #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palita2601
1 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)