Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed: Adding new line after matching pattern Post 302742107 by elixir_sinari on Monday 10th of December 2012 02:18:07 PM
Old 12-10-2012
Code:
sed '/.*Wf.*/s//&\
/' file

or
Code:
sed '/Wf/a\
' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - adding a new line after pattern

Hi, In files, I have a field Date Of Birth (DOB). After that line I need to add Date of Joining (DOJ) DOB:19-Apr-1981 needs to become DOB:19-Apr-1981 DOJ:20-Jun-2005 What can be a sed/perl line that can do it for me. Please note that DOB/DOJ I have in variables I am doing in a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find matching pattern delete next line

trying to use sed in finding a matching pattern in a file then deleting the next line only .. pattern --> <ad-content> I tried this but it results are not what I wish sed '/<ad-content>/{N;d;}' akv.xml > akv5.xml ex, <Celebrant2First>Mickey</Celebrant2First> <ad-content> Minnie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command (adding a blank line btw each block generated by pattern)

Hello friends, I have a C source code containing sql statements. I use the following sed command to print all the sql blocks in the source code.... sed -n "/exec sql/,/;/p" Sample.cpp The above sed command will print the sql blocks based on the pattern "exec sql" & ";"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - matching pattern one but not pattern two

All, I have the following file: -------------------------------------- # # /etc/pam.d/common-password - password-related modules common to all services # # This file is included from other service-specific PAM config files, # and should contain a list of modules that define the services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertBerrie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Question: Search and Replace start of line to matching pattern

Hi guys, got a problem here with sed on the command line. If i have a string as below: online xx:wer:xcv: sdf:/asdf/http:https-asdfd How can i match the pattern "http:" and replace the start of the string to the pattern with null? I tried the following but it doesn't work: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to modify a line above or below matching pattern?

I couldn't figure out how to use sed or any other shell to do the following. Can anyone help? Thanks. If seeing a string (e.g., TODAY) in the line, replace a string in the line above (e.g, replace "Raining" with "Sunny") and replace a string in the line below (e.g., replace "Reading" with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprinner
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - combination of line deletion and pattern matching

I want to delete all the blank lines from a file before a certain line number. e.g. Input file (n: denotes line number) 1: a 2: 3: b 4: c 5: 6: d I want to delete all blank lines before line number 3, such that my output is: a b c d I see that sed '/^$/d' in_file works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: printing lines AFTER pattern matching EXCLUDING the line containing the pattern

'Hi I'm using the following code to extract the lines(and redirect them to a txt file) after the pattern match. But the output is inclusive of the line with pattern match. Which option is to be used to exclude the line containing the pattern? sed -n '/Conn.*User/,$p' > consumers.txt (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: essem
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)