Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL 6 plain telnet & ftp servers Post 302741147 by admin_xor on Friday 7th of December 2012 01:26:25 PM
Old 12-07-2012
Quote:
Am I right in my reading that csftp is on port 21 therefore will accept plain old FTP?
Yes, vsftpd works on the same old ftp protocol and supports both active and passive modes. But, it's really tightly secured. That's why the name "Very Secure FTP daemon" Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to admin_xor For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

diable telnet & ftp

Hi All, I need to stop all the services for telnet & FTP as we want our server to be more secure. Please give me some steps for jumping to SSH protocol. How can i disable telnet & ftp service on my server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

telnet & ftp in linux AS4 with root account

hi, i installed linux as4, i need telnet and ftp with root account. anybody show me how to configure. TIA, Bong (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong02
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL 4, simltaneous maximum ftp/telnet sessions allowed

Hi Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. Using Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition as the client how many simultaneous 1) Maximum FTP sessions are allowed 2) Maximum Telnet sessions are allowed 3) any special settings need to be enabled for maximum telnet and ftp sessions on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RHEL 4, simltaneous maximum ftp/telnet sessions allowed

Hi Users, Kindly help me with below query of mine. Using Red Hat Linux Enterprise Edition as the client how many simultaneous 1) Maximum FTP sessions are allowed 2) Maximum Telnet sessions are allowed 3) any special settings need to be enabled for maximum telnet and ftp sessions on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

cfengine / puppet for rhel servers

Hello all, I am planning to deploy a configuration / auditing software package for about 100 new nodes that we are planning to install. I am hearing many good things in regards to cfengine and puppet. Can someone shed some light in regards to these solutions? Thanks, jaysunn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

cannot ssh (use NFS) on RHEL box, but can mount external & ssh out of RHEL box

Ok, Im trying to get NFS working on my RHEL 5 box, apparently i can use the box as a client, but not as a server. If it helps i cant ssh into the box (server), but as a client ssh works fine. Ive configured server: /etc/hosts.allow: all : all all :all@all setup my /etc/exports file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drs.grid
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 7.1 autofs permissions do not match NFS servers

RHEL 7.1 client using autofs to mount a NIS map of home directories being exported by a Solaris 10x86 nfs server. The owner and group are correct on the NFS server, but on the RHEL client, the owner and group end up being nobody nobody. The USERS and GROUPS are NIS maps as well. They are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash - here document on RHEL 6.8 and 6.9 servers aren't working

H Forum, I was thankful in getting help from this post that allowed me to connect to multiple severs at once using here documents to gather data into variables. But I've discovered that the same bash command that works on my RHEL 7 servers do not work on RHEL 6? What's strange about my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
4 Replies
VSFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 VSFTPD(8)

NAME
vsftpd -- Very Secure FTP Daemon SYNOPSIS
vsftpd [configuration file and / or options] DESCRIPTION
vsftpd is the Very Secure File Transfer Protocol Daemon. The server can be launched via a ``super-server'' such as inetd(8) or xinetd(8). Alternatively, vsftpd can be launched in standalone mode, in which case vsftpd itself will listen on the network. This latter mode is easier to use, and recommended. It is activated by setting listen=YES in /etc/vsftpd.conf. Direct execution of the vsftpd binary will then launch the FTP service ready for immediate client connections. OPTIONS
An optional configuration file or files may be given on the command line. These files must be owned as root if running as root. Any command line option not starting with a "-" character is treated as a config file that will be loaded. Note that config files are loaded in the strict order that they are encountered on the command line. If no config files are specified, the default configuration file of /etc/vsftpd.conf will be loaded, after all other command line options are processed. Supported options are: -v Print the version information and exit, even if other options are encountered. -ooption=value Set a single option, value pair as per the format in the config file. Multiple -o options are supported, and they are applied in strict order relative to their appearance on the command line, including intermingling with loading of config files. EXAMPLES
vsftpd -olisten=NO /etc/vsftpd.conf -oftpd_banner=blah That example overrides vsftpd's built-in default for the "listen" option to be NO, but then loads /etc/vsftpd.conf which may override that setting. Finally, the "ftpd_banner" setting is set to "blah", which overrides any default vsftpd setting and any identical setting that was in the config file. FILES
/etc/vsftpd.conf SEE ALSO
vsftpd.conf(5) March 8, 2001