Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD OpenBSD - list available packages ? Post 302740985 by DGPickett on Friday 7th of December 2012 09:32:05 AM
Old 12-07-2012
The whole world writes packages, and some software comes in other forms, so the best hope for a list of packages is a site dedicated to your favorite O/S. 15 - The OpenBSD packages and ports system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD: ports

Hi there.. I'm new to openbsd, and I recently tried the ports-system.. I downloaded the ports-tree from ftp, and unpacked it in /usr/ports Then I typed 'make search key=centericq' I got some info about it.. but it wasn't the latest version.. the version I use at my gentoo linux box, is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
6 Replies

3. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

4. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

6. BSD

Question: OpenBSD command line for checking list of library used by daemon

Hi All, I would like to ask what is the command line on OpenBSD which able to be used to check the list of library which used by specific daemon? For example, I would like to check what are the libraries which are used by ftpd. Thank you in advance. Regards, Stefan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
2 Replies

7. BSD

OpenBSD pf problems

I am having troubles with this pf configuration, it seems when loaded nothing can access my server on the internal interface for the LAN, I cannot see why, and it's pretty much based off the very standard example in the OpenBSD faq. When I unload the configuration, I can access the DNS server on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

8. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

9. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with pattern matching to list missing packages

I have wrote this small program to check for installed and missing packages in LINUX (RHEL x86_64) For now it perfectly prints all the installed and missing packages however I want that it loops through to the end (in either case) and list all packages however if one or more packages are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dazzler74
5 Replies
GO-GET(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GO-GET(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go get [-a] [-d] [-fix] [-n] [-p n] [-u] [-v] [-x] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Get downloads and installs the packages named by the import paths, along with their dependencies. When checking out or updating a package, get looks for a branch or tag that matches the locally installed version of Go. The most important rule is that if the local installation is running version "go1", get searches for a branch or tag named "go1". If no such version exists it retrieves the most recent version of the package. OPTIONS
-a, -n, -v, -x, -p The -a, -n, -v, -x, and -p flags have the same meaning as in 'go build' and 'go install'. See go-build(1). -d The -d flag instructs get to stop after downloading the packages; that is, it instructs get not to install the packages. -fix The -fix flag instructs get to run the fix tool on the downloaded packages before resolving dependencies or building the code. -u The -u flag instructs get to use the network to update the named packages and their dependencies. By default, get uses the network to check out missing packages but does not use it to look for updates to existing packages. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). For more about how 'go get' finds source code to download, see go-remote(7). SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-install(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-06-15 GO-GET(1)