Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying the .profile of one user to another. Post 302740443 by Laxxi on Thursday 6th of December 2012 07:29:02 AM
Old 12-06-2012
Copying the .profile of one user to another.

I want to copy .Profile file from user1 homedirectoryto user2 homedirectory in Aix.
Please help me with the process.

Last edited by Scott; 12-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Moved thread from AIX sub forum

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

accerssing user profile?

Hello there, I would like to know how can i prevent a normal user (not root user) from accessing his .profile and editing its information? Also, how can i prevent this user from deleting a certain file named "script"? Any help in that? Thanks in advance, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying .profile files to a new server (SCO)

Hello Intelligent Life Forms (I hope) This should be a snap for some of you. I need to copy the /usr .profiles from 1 sco system to another. Migrating to a new server. I've tried a recursive copy to the target system with a NFS mount point from the source. Wouldn't do it permissions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find a user profile

Hi, I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in and how many times and days (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

how can i find a user profile

Hi I want to know how can i find a user when he has logged in, at what time and how many days, anyone can help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinscp@hotma
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies
gm_profile(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						gm_profile(1grass)

NAME
gm_profile - PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) The Profile Tool will draw a 2-dimensional profile of the surface of any raster map. The profile will be calculated along a transect line, drawn with a mouse on a map display. The transect line can be a simple line (i.e., with only a beginning and ending node) or a complex polyline (i.e., with multiple segments, delineated by multiple nodes). Using the Profile Tool The Profile Tool is started by clicking on the profile button () on the toolbar of a map display window. 1 Click the map button on the Profile Tool toolbar to select a raster map to profile. The map to profile can be different from the one displayed. 2 Click the transect button to begin drawing a transect to profile with a mouse the current map display (i.e., the map display from which you launched the Profile Tool). Draw by holding down the left button to make a "rubber-band" line for each segment of the transect. A transect can have a single, straight segment or multiple segment. There is no need to "end" the drawing. The Profile Tool will profile the drawn transect at any time. You can also extend an existing transect and draw a profile of the new transect. 3 Click the profile button to create the profile. The profile extends from left to right in the profile display. The horizontal (x-axis) scale represents the total distance along the tran- sect to be profiled. Vertical lines mark each node on a multi-segment transect and show the total distance along the transect to the node. The vertical (y-axis) scale is in units of the map that is being profiled. All scaling and axis labels are created automatically, and can- not be changed by the user. • The erase button will erase the current transect and profile. • The save button will save the profile to an Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) file. SEE ALSO
gis.m manual gis.m: ANIMATION TOOL gis.m: GEORECTIFY TOOL d.profile d.geodesic d.rhumbline m.cogo r.profile r.transect AUTHORS
Michael Barton, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA Hamish Bowman, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand Last changed: $Date: 2009-09-12 17:51:39 +0200 (Sat, 12 Sep 2009) $ Full index GRASS 6.4.2 gm_profile(1grass)