Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing dupes within 2 delimited areas in a large dictionary file Post 302740273 by Jotne on Thursday 6th of December 2012 01:10:29 AM
Old 12-06-2012
You may use some like this:
Code:
awk '/DATA/,/END/'

to get data between DATA and END, then sort it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with Removing Carriage Return (^M) in delimited file

Hi - I tried to remove ^M in a delimited file using "tr -d "\r" and "sed 's/^M//g'", but it does not work quite well. While the ^M is removed, the format of the record is still cut in half, like a,b, c c,d,e The delimited file is generated using sh script by outputing a SQL query result to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirahc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blanks in a text tab delimited file

Hi Experts I am very new to perl and need to make a script using perl. I would like to remove blanks in a text tab delimited file in in a specfic column range ( colum 21 to column 43) sample input and output shown below : Input: 117 102 650 652 654 656 117 93 95... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Faisal Riaz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Embedded Newline from Delimited File

Hey there - a bit of background on what I'm trying to accomplish, first off. I am trying to load the data from a pipe delimited file into a database. The loading tool that I use cannot handle embedded newline characters within a field, so I need to scrub them out. Solutions that I have tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbetteridge
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Large pipe delimited file that I need to add CR/LF every n fields

I have a large flat file with variable length fields that are pipe delimited. The file has no new line or CR/LF characters to indicate a new record. I need to parse the file and after some number of fields, I need to insert a CR/LF to start the next record. Input file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clintrpeterson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Optimization - large delimited file, for loop with many greps

Since there are approximately 75K gsfiles and hundreds of stfiles per gsfile, this script can take hours. How can I rewrite this script, so that it's much faster? I'm not as familiar with perl but I'm open to all suggestions. ls file.list>$split for gsfile in `cat $split`; do csplit... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Dupes from huge file- awk/perl/uniq

Hi, I have the following command in place nawk -F, '!a++' file > file.uniq It has been working perfectly as per requirements, by removing duplicates by taking into consideration only first 3 fields. Recently it has started giving below error: bash-3.2$ nawk -F, '!a++'... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: makn
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging dupes on different lines in a dictionary

I am working on a homonym dictionary of names i.e. names which are clustered together according to their “sound-alike” pronunciation: An example will make this clear: Since the dictionary is manually constructed it often happens that inadvertently two sets of “homonyms” which should be grouped... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need optimized awk/perl/shell to give the statistics for the Large delimited file

I have a file size is around 24 G with 14 columns, delimiter with "|" My requirement- can anyone provide me the fastest and best to get the below results Number of records of the file First column and second Column- Unique counts Thanks for your time Karti ------ Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove dupes in a large file

I have a large file 1.5 gb and want to sort the file. I used the following AWK script to do the job !x++ The script works but it is very slow and takes over an hour to do the job. I suspect this is because the file is not sorted. Any solution to speed up the AWk script or a Perl script would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
CREATE TEXT SEARCH 
DICTIONARY(7) SQL Commands CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7) NAME
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY - define a new text search dictionary SYNOPSIS
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY name ( TEMPLATE = template [, option = value [, ... ]] ) DESCRIPTION
CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY creates a new text search dictionary. A text search dictionary specifies a way of recognizing interesting or uninteresting words for searching. A dictionary depends on a text search template, which specifies the functions that actually perform the work. Typically the dictionary provides some options that control the detailed behavior of the template's functions. If a schema name is given then the text search dictionary is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The user who defines a text search dictionary becomes its owner. Refer to in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name of the text search dictionary to be created. The name can be schema-qualified. template The name of the text search template that will define the basic behavior of this dictionary. option The name of a template-specific option to be set for this dictionary. value The value to use for a template-specific option. If the value is not a simple identifier or number, it must be quoted (but you can always quote it, if you wish). The options can appear in any order. EXAMPLES
The following example command creates a Snowball-based dictionary with a nonstandard list of stop words. CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY my_russian ( template = snowball, language = russian, stopwords = myrussian ); COMPATIBILITY
There is no CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY [alter_text_search_dictionary(7)], DROP TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY [drop_text_search_dictionary(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY(7)