Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compile and run java in UNIX? Post 302740259 by Yoda on Thursday 6th of December 2012 12:30:55 AM
Old 12-06-2012
You have to add the absolute path of javac to PATH env variable.
Code:
export PATH="$PATH:/your_javac_path_here/"

Or try running like below once you are in bin directory:-
Code:
./javac Example.java

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run a java file on UNIX?

HI, I want to run my .java file on a SunOS 5.8 Unix machine. The java file is writen with Ready to Program (Similar to Jbuilder) on a PC. Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leotopia
3 Replies

3. Programming

compile java with GUI on unix system/putty

is it possible in the first place? if so, how should I go about it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compile .exe, run in unix.

Hi all, I am using putty to access my school unix servers. I have recently downloaded a source file of a software in .tar format. I change the code of the program and compile it in VS8 and build an .exe file. 1) I copy the .exe file to my school account but I could not make it work. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkullana
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to compile and run java programs

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on a VMware. How to compile a java program as there is no javac in 'bin' directory. Thanks in advance for answers and sorry if the question is soo basic. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to compile and run java through the terminal

Hey everybody, Ok here is my problem. I have this code that that compiles, but when i go to run it it gives me errors. I stored my simple java class here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/src I store my mail.jar file here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/lib/javaMail/javaMail.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killesk
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

8. Programming

Run Unix commands from Java

Greeings all Im trying to excute a command from Java and direct the output to the main output screen or to another file .... can you please help with this ? can I use filewriter for this ? Here is my code.... import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.File; import java.io.FileWriter;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java compile and run program help

What is the trick to get a java program to run and compile? I can't even get a basic skeleton to run and compile. What packages do I need? I figured the java-gcj and gcc-java packages was enough. Do I need any other packages? I thought I had to do this and it would work but its not. javac... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. Programming

Using basic UNIX commands to make/compile JAVA files

Hello! This is my first post, and I just learned what UNIX was this week. For a JAVA programming class I am taking, I must be able to create a directory in UNIX, use the nano command to create a JAVA program, compile it, and then run it on the command prompt using the java command. For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNdvoItX
5 Replies
BUILDAPP(1)							   User Commands						       BUILDAPP(1)

NAME
buildapp - application to create common lisp images SYNOPSIS
buildapp --output OUTPUT-FILE [--flag1 value1 ...] DESCRIPTION
Required flags: --output OUTPUT-FILE Use OUTPUT-FILE as the name of the executable to create Entry-point flags: --entry NAME Use the function identified by NAME as the executable's toplevel function. Called with SB-EXT:*POSIX-ARGV* as its only argument. If NAME has a colon, it is treated as a package separator, otherwise CL-USER is the implied package. --dispatched-entry DNAME Specify one possible entry function, depending on the name of the file that is used to start the application. The syntax of DNAME is APPLICATION-NAME/ENTRY-NAME. If the name used to start the executable matches APPLICATION-NAME, use ENTRY-NAME as the entry point. This can be used to choose one of many possible entry points by e.g. symlinking names to the application executable. If APPLICA- TION-NAME is empty, the specified ENTRY-NAME is used as a default if no other application names match. There may be any number of dispatched entry points, but only one default. Action flags: --load FILE Load FILE. CL:*PACKAGE* is bound to the CL-USER package before loading --load-system NAME Load an ASDF system identified by NAME --require NAME Use CL:REQUIRE to load NAME --eval CODE Use CL:EVAL to evaulate CODE. The code is read with CL:READ-FROM-STRING in the CL-USER package There may be any number of load/load-system/require/eval flags. Each is executed in command-line order before creating an executable. Load path flags: --load-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load, search DIRECTORY for files to load --asdf-path DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY for ASDF system files to load --asdf-tree DIRECTORY When handling a --load-system, search DIRECTORY and all its subdirectories for ASDF system files to load There may be any number of load-path/asdf-path/asdf-tree flags. asdf-path arguments take precedence over asdf-tree arguments. Other flags: --help Show this usage message --logfile FILE Log compilation and load output to FILE --sbcl PATH-TO-SBCL Use PATH-TO-SBCL instead of the sbcl program found in your PATH environment variable For the latest documentation, see http://www.xach.com/lisp/buildapp/ buildapp 1.1 July 2010 BUILDAPP(1)