Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting environment variables from a file : Post 302740029 by gary_w on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 10:45:28 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyu
Hi,

I tried that approach, it doesnt seem to work.. is there any other way. I am using Korn shell btw.
Your chances for help would improve if you showed examples of how you are currently trying it and what the output is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up Environment Variables

Hi all, I am trying to set up some variables in a shell script. The variables contain values of various paths needed to run a java module. The problem is the variables dont seem to be setting at all. here is what i am trying to do : JAR_HOME=/home/was5/bdcms/scheduledjobs/lib export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpandey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variables in Makefile

I've seen a few other threads like this, but they either went unanswered or failed to answer my question. How do I set an environment variable in a Makefile? What I'm trying to do is use GNU make to automate an ant build. In order to run ant, I've got to first set a few environment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bags
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Setting environment variables within cron jobs!!

Is it possible to use environment variables within cron jobs. I am using a cron job to run a c program at regular intervals. The C program uses a library and i have set the library path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. But when i ran the job i got the error library not found!! Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atheek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Setting Environment variables in TCSH

Hello All, I am writing a script to set some environment variables which are required for a particular application. I understand that the environment variables set by Shell script can, at the max, be valid for the session. They will have to be set again once the session is closed and re-opened.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kssandeep
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with setting up environment variables

hi all, I would appreciate if some one could explain me the difference between setting up the variables as shown below HOME=${HOME:-"/home/user1"} HOME=/home/user1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SSSB
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting Environment Variables

#!/bin/bash if ; then ASS1_DATA_DIR=./ echo $ASS1_DATA_DIR export ASS1_DATA_DIR echo "data dir" fi if ; then ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR=./ export ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR fi I want to create a new environment variable ASS1_DATA_DIR and ASS1_OUTPUT_DIR in bash and set them to the current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up environment variables

Hi all, This is my first post here. I need to set up a few environment variables with a shell script. Some are hard-coded, but some should come from other commands or as input from the user. How do I do that? For example, I need to export a variable as such: export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:8.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variables in Cron file

Hi, In Cron file i'm using username and password hard-coded and now i wann to use environmental veraiables in cron file. But Could you please guide me how to use these environmental variables in cron file ? Thanks, Shyamu.A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting environment variables with space

Hi, I'm having problems setting environment variable that has space value. Below is my shell script. export LINE=$@ TO=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $1}'` CC=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $2}'` BC=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $3}'` echo "TO=$TO" echo "CC=$CC" echo "BC=$BC" echo "1=$1" echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
5 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)