Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to specify second mail relay in Solaris? Post 302739975 by nypreH on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 08:41:48 AM
Old 12-05-2012
How to specify second mail relay in Solaris?

Dears,

I've configured Solaris (10) server to send mails to corporate mailboxes.
Now I need to specify second relay, so if mailx will see that mail xxx@aaa.com it will send to 111.111.111.111 (aaa.com) and if it will see that mail belongs to bbb.com - xxx@bbb.com it will send to another IP (222.222.222.222).

Described in examples for easier understanding what I need Smilie

Can anyone let me know how I can do that?

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

local mail relay problem in Sendmail

I have a linux box. Sendmail is work fine in this box. The only problem I am facing is whenever I send mail using the mail command to the outside world or to root@localhost, I get this error - 127.0.0.1 localhost denied from relaying The command I used to send mail is - Ls -l | mail -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
0 Replies

2. Solaris

configure solaris 10 mail to relay email alerts from SAN switch

I want to be able to use an account on a solaris 10 server, eg root@myhost to act as a relay to forward mail to my domain account me@mycompany.com The reason for this is to configure root@myhost as a mail relay on Brocade SAN switches - so that when a port goes bad i get an email alert.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibidee
0 Replies

3. Solaris

sendmail client in solaris 10 ( relay)

I have setup sendmail e mail client using SMTP server, while sending the mail through mailx i am getting the below error. kindly help. WARNING: local host name (bkpsrv) is not qualified; see cf/README: WHO AM I? vishwanathhcl@gmail.com... Connecting to via relay... 220 xyz.co.in Microsoft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to relay mail to mail server from Unix ?

Hi, I need to send email notifications from Unix/Linux box to users using mailx. In these Unix/Linux boxes mail is not configured however we are having mail server configured in our LAN. Could you please provide instructions to configure relay in these boxes so that we can relay our mails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Free Open Mail Relay

Any suggestions? Until recently I used care2.com (have dyn IP), but nowthey do not relay any mail at all. Other solutions I found in Googledo not work either. For any help - thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Action
1 Replies

6. SCO

Sendmail delivers mail to local user if it exists instead of passing it to the smart relay

Environment: SCO Unix Openserver 6 Sendmail ver: 8.11.3 I just put this server online replacing it's old counterpart, same OS on new machine. There are many different servers on this domain, windowssrv.thisdomain.com, oldunix.thisdomain.com, and the new newunix.thisdomain.com just to name a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: checkpro
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring second mail relay

Hi all, Once I already asked about this problem, but didn't get solution, so I am opening new thread. Hope to get help from you guys. So, my problem is: I have Solaris 10 based server. I have a script which should send mails using mailx (can use another if needed). What I need is -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Relay mail server

Hi, I have a postfix mail server on centos 6. (mailserver.mydomain.com ) I want to send mail through my mail server from other linux server ( server1 ), so that it will use mail server IP address. I have tried. myhostname = server1.mydomain.com relayhost = mailserver.mydomain.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need an help in configuring Postfix mail relay server

Hello, We have 2 servers, server A and Server B in same domain. I have already configured the Serevr A to send an email to the internet (outside domain) by opening the port 25 to the internet. Now I need to send an email to the outside domain from Server B using server A. I have opened the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathishbabu89
1 Replies
CUFILTER(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      CUFILTER(1p)

NAME
cufilter - Filter emails through Mail::CheckUser SYNOPSIS
Add the following lines to your ~/.procmailrc: # Filter mail through Mail::CheckUser :0f | /usr/bin/cufilter DESCRIPTION
When email messages are filtered through this program using the procmail settings as outlined in the SYNOPSYS, the email address in the "From:" header is passed through Mail::CheckUser to ensure validity. If there is a problem with the email address, the "Subject:" header is modified to show which email address failed along with the failure reason. No messages are lost, but it provides an easy way for the mail client to organize, sort, or filter based on the subject tweaks. EXAMPLES
Lets say a spammer sends a message with the following headers: From: god@heaven.org To: you@host.com Subject: Happy Pill Then the new headers might change to the following: From: god@heaven.org To: you@host.com Subject: [CU!god@heaven.org!DNS failure: SERVFAIL] Happy Pill This makes it easy to filter for mail clients. INSTALL
This file can be installed into /usr/bin/cufilter and is intended to be utilized through the procmail functionality by adding the following lines to your ~/.procmailrc configuration. # Filter mail through Mail::CheckUser :0f | /usr/bin/cufilter AUTHORS
Rob Brown bbb@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Rob Brown bbb@cpan.org. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. $Id: cufilter,v 1.3 2003/09/18 15:36:26 hookbot Exp $ SEE ALSO
Mail::CheckUser(3), procmail(1). perl v5.14.2 2012-03-10 CUFILTER(1p)