Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .bash_profile versus .profile of user in Solaris 10 Post 302739963 by phunk on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 08:28:12 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Put your PS1 declaration in .profile.

Code:
#PS1='whateveryouwant'
PS1='${HOST}:${LOGNAME}:${PWD}'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL+H versus ^? versus BACKSPACE

Hi Gurus! I recently got my shell account (HP UX v11) created by our sysadmin and am having problem deleting with the backspace key. After doing some reading, I believe I need to enter a custom "STTY..." statement in my profile. Can someone please help me with the correct "STTY" sequence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris versus Centos

hi guys In a few days I will be working in a new Job my new chief told I will be using Solaris and since I know Centos-Red Hat-Fedora I would like to know if Solaris is that different from Centos and my other linux Flavors... by the way any good solaris manual thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash_profile or .profile

Hi, happy new year. on AIX 6.1 , for user oracle , there are two files : bash_profile and .profile I do not know which one is executed when login ? How to know , More over in both of them we have : in .profile : ORACLE_HOME=/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dot bash_profile for root user

Good evening everybody, I like to have my prompt like that : $ Therefore I had the line below in the .bash_profile file: PS1="\$" Now I would like to have something like that when I log as root : # and adding PS1="\#" is definitely not working... Any idea how to do that? Many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash_profile versus bashrc

Hi All Please can you tell , what is the difference between bash_profile and bashrc. How to create them? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Linux

Renaming .bash_profile to .profile

Hi Gurus, Recently we have migrated our servers from AIX to Linux. Most of the scripts written in AIX server are sourcing environment variables using .profile file. Now we have the following options: 1. Change all the scripts where ever .profile is being used and replace it with... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
14 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)