Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect the piped information in garbage Post 302739929 by urfrnddpk on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 07:07:18 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Redirect the piped information in garbage

hello,

i was trying to detect one particular type of file through my script(which is running in loop to detect the file )
so i used the follwing command
Code:
ls $PATH/*GLB*|grep CTL  > /dev/null 2>&1

but every time i am getting the message
Code:
path/*GLB* not found

i am OK with the file not found message but i do not want this message to be displayed

thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 12-05-2012 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Garbage characters in display

:confused: I recently left managment and came back to AIX administration. So I am a bit rusty to say the least. The issue I am having is with the term settings when I either simply telnet to my AIX unit or even when I use an emulator like puTTY or a VAR provided one. Once I am logged into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haleja001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Garbage output

I am using following code to read myfile.ddl line by line. But the thing is it is printing lot of garbage which are the names of the files and directories in which myfile.ddl is present. Kindly refine the code so that only myfile.ddl contents are only read LOGFILE="logfile.txt"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Garbage Output

Hello Friends, In a script i m using different temporary file and i remove them in the end. During script execution i have some garbage output which is not required. For example: Garbage Output ++ rm temp_out temp_a temp_b temp_c ++ rm Filter1 Filter2 Script : Even i am redirecting rm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
7 Replies

4. AIX

garbage collection not reflected in the nmon

i have my application running on AIX box (configuration given below) My application does garbage collection pretty well, as such the memory free shows 500 MB - 700 MB freed up in the log statements printed in the application, but the nmon shows the physical space going upwards and does not reflect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh_sivan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

garbage collection not reflected in the nmon

i have my application running on AIX box (configuration given below) My application does garbage collection pretty well, as such the memory free shows 500 MB - 700 MB freed up in the log statements printed in the application, but the nmon shows the physical space going upwards and does not reflect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh_sivan
1 Replies

6. Programming

strcat outputs garbage

Anyone have any ideas why when using strcat function I would get some garbage at the beginning of the output string? what I'm doing is something like the following example. Code: char temp; char tempHolder; for(int i=0;i<something;i++){ sprintf(temp,"%u ", someVariable);... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Garbage value

I write a program to find a palindromic region in given sequences. but it dosen't seems to be run well. please give me your suggestions INPUT: AGCTAGCTCGAAGGTAG code is here #!/usr/bin/perl #Palindromic sequence print "enter the sequence:\n"; $rna = <STDIN>; chomp $rna; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_singh
3 Replies

8. Programming

Boehm garbage collector for C

is anybody out there experienced with the boehm gc? this is a very simple function: int fn1(){ int *p = (int *) GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int *)); return 0; }after leaving fn1() gc should free p. *** now another example: int* fn2(){ int* p= (int *) GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodona
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some % of Garbage Collection

I need to write a python script that will look at the local gc logs. 6 sys=0.00, real=0.06 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:12.029-0500: 1072696.494: 2791209K->1995953K(2796544K)] 2803355K->1995953K(4164608K), , 3.0299555 secs] 2019-06-05T07:43:17.149-0500: 1072701.614: 3334321K->2008193K(4167680K),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)