Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write bash shell script for mentioned requirement? Post 302739921 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 06:57:49 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Which DB are the tables in and what CLI client do you use?

Is that client scriptable ?

The actual command will look something like
Code:

for i in $(db_client_select_column) 
  do 
  if [ $i ==  "Y" ]
    then db_dump_table_command
  fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required Shell script for My requirement

Hi All, I joined today in this forum to have all of your help. I have a Big requirement, pls. help me to resolve. I'm using HP-UX 11.23. I need a shell script for the following requirement. I have a file (nodes.txt) that contains 1000 nodes. I'm running the following command:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anybody write this bash script ?

hi, first congratulations on the nice forum! Can anybody write script, which can make copy of some or all files of the current directory in new directory (called "backups", which must be made in the current directory, if it's not already exist). And bring out a massage (report) with the count... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cecko
7 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script in bash.

I am very new to Linux/Unix. Kindly assist the following: I wish to write a bash shell script called how_many_to_go that calculates and prints the number of days, hours, minutes and/or seconds until the end of the current month (based on the output of the date command). Do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alobi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script for the below mentioned issue

hello Forum members, I have a encrypted file which consist Unames and Pwd in the encrypted form and i have to write a script the PWD from the file and redirect into a log file.please find below the file and please help write a script. _config.id_dbs is the file which will open with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write bash script code

I am newbie to UNIX. I came across this exercise in one the books.Can anyone help me with this question?????? Write a short Bash script that, given the name of a file as an argument, reads the file name and creates a new file containing only lines which consist of one word. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krthknaidu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script for the below requirement

Hi, I am not so familiar with shell Script but I have a task in hand. So, here it goes: There is a file details.txt in the server where the below details are stored: Name Country D M Acc.No. sameer India 30 july sscc-errttt-q random US 20 july pecc-ttt4-s Deb India 31... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel87
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing if condition in shell script and failing to do requirement

Hi, I am trying to edit the values in a file. For example i am trying to edit the value of "ABC" in a file by executing shell script. Please Note that ABC value can be there mulitple times or it may not be there in the file Conditions for it is 1. If ABC is less than 123 then it should... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How To Write my Bash Script To Automate it?

Hello guys, I need some help. I am new in bash and I don't know how to automate the following script. head -2 out1 > 1.fasta sed ‘1,2 d' out1 > out2 rm out1 head -2 out2 > 2.fasta sed ‘1,2 d' out2 > out1 rm out2 head -2 out2 > 3.fasta sed '1,2 d' out2 > out1 rm out2 .......... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellia222
3 Replies
App::CLI::Command(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      App::CLI::Command(3)

NAME
App::CLI::Command - Base class for App::CLI commands SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::List; use base qw(App::CLI::Command); use constant options => ( 'verbose' => 'verbose', 'n|name=s' => 'name', ); sub run { my ( $self, $arg ) = @_; print "verbose" if $self->{verbose}; my $name = $self->{name}; # get arg following long option --name # any thing your want this command do } # See App::CLI for information of how to invoke (sub)command. DESCRIPTION
subcommand() return old genre subcommand of $self; cascading() return instance of cascading subcommand invoked if it was listed in your constant subcommands. cascadable() return package name of subcommand if the subcommand invoked is in you constant subcommands otherwise, return undef brief_usage ($file) Display an one-line brief usage of the command object. Optionally, a file could be given to extract the usage from the POD. usage ($want_detail) Display usage. If $want_detail is true, the "DESCRIPTION" section is displayed as well. loc_text $text Localizes the body of (formatted) text in $text, and returns the localized version. filename Return the filename for the command module. SEE ALSO
App::CLI Getopt::Long AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> Cornelius Lin <cornelius.howl@gmail.com> shelling <navyblueshellingford@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2010-12-02 App::CLI::Command(3)