Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hi ! whether it is possible to do interpolation in scripting... Post 302739635 by balajesuri on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 04:10:15 PM
Old 12-04-2012
I don't understand what you're trying to achieve. Could you please explain a bit more.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

variable interpolation

I've become obsessed with trying to get this to work. As of yet, I am unable to figure it out. Unfortunately, I don't have Linux or UNIX available when I get home. Anyone have tips for me on how I can pass param1 to ID via use of COUNTER and loop? thx. LIMIT=6 param1="999999999" export... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: egkumpe
0 Replies

2. Web Development

JavaScript variable interpolation

Hi everybody, Firstly, this would be the first time I'm using JavaScript. My background is mainly Perl. Nevertheless, here's my problem. So I've created a function function linkout(url){ setTimeout("window.open(url)",5000) //in milliseconds } However because the variable "url" is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpolation using awk

Hi all, Consider I have a text file containing: 1003 60 1005 80 1100 110 Based on that file I need to create another file which is containing value from 1001 till 1100 which is a linear interpolation between two point (for 1004; 1006;1007 until 1109) and extrapolation based on 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ardy_yana
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to solve second order (polynomial) interpolation

Currently I have awk command to do linear interpolation awk ' { P=$2 I=$1 } END { j=0; s=I; t=I for(i=m;i<=n;i++) { if(I && i>t) { j++; s=I; t=I } print i, P+(i-s)*(P-P)/(t-s) } } ' m=1 n=8 infile FILE CONTENT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expand & Interpolation

Dear All, I have input like this, infile: 10 464310.16 20 464309.44 30 464309.02 40 464316.93 ... ... Desired output per step: out_step01: 10 464310.16 11 12 13 14 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpolation if there is no exact match for value

Dear all, could you help me with following question. There are two datasets (below). I need to find match between BP values from data1 and data2, and add corresponding CM value from data2 into data1. if there is not exact match, the corresponding CM value should be calculated using interpolation.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XY interpolation by time in awk

Hi I am a newbie in awk scripting. I'm working with a file with xy coordinates that were acquired with a time stamp. All the time stamps were recorded but not the XY coordinates. Let see an example: FFID X Y UNIX TIME TIMEGAP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joćo Noiva
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpolation of two values in two different files

Dear All, I have two files which contain numerical data and strings. I want to create a new file that only revise numerical data from two files using interpolation. I guess AWK works, but I am new on AWK. FileA.txt . . index_2("0.1, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32"); values("0.0330208, 0.0345557,... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

An interpolation between two files

Dear all, I always appreciate your help. I am an electrical engineer. I am using a tool for timing analysis of a circuit. I would like to interpolate results from two timing reports at different voltages (0.945V and 0.78V). If voltage is decreased, data arrival time is increased. For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linear Interpolation of CSV Columnar Data

I am trying to perform linear interpolation on three columns in a CSV file. When I run this code, I do not get any changes in the output (see Expected Output). What am I doing wrong here? Awk Code ' function interpolate(lat1, lon1, t1, lat2, lon2, t2, i) { for (i = 1; i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrrruser
2 Replies
PIXEL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  PIXEL(1)

NAME
Gimp::Pixel - how to operate on raw pixels. ***WARNING*** this manpage is no longer up-to-date. See "examples/map_to_gradient" for a simple raw-pixel-manipulating plug-in. If you bug me enough I'll rewrite this document. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp; use PDL; # to make sensible things with the pixels # Gimp::GimpDrawable - The GimpDrawable structure # Gimp::Tile - The Tile family of functions. # Gimp::PixelRgn - The PixelRgn family of functions. DESCRIPTION
You can access the pixels in a drawable through tiles or pixel regions. This manpage explains how this is done in perl. All classes (Gimp::GimpDrawable, "Gimp::Tile", "Gimp::PixelRgn") are available with and without the "Gimp::" prefix. GDRAWABLES
Well, you know drawables? (also known as PARAM_DRAWABLE or Gimp::Drawable)? In the Gimp, drawables are things you can draw on: layers, channels or whole images. While most functions named "gimp_drawable_something" operate on "drawable_ID"s, some functions (notably the ones operating on raw pixel data!) need a "GimpDrawable" instead. Every drawable has a corresponding "GimpDrawable", you can get it with the "gimp_drawable_get" function: my $gdrawable = $drawable->get; When the $gdrawable is destroyed, it is automatically flushed & detached, so you don't need to do this yourself. TILES
Tiles are the basic building blocks of all drawables. Each drawable consists of a "grid" of tiles, each tile having the same size. The size of a tile is always the same (it's hardcoded in your Gimp program). The "gimp_tile_width" and "gimp_tile_height" functions return the current width/height of a tile (at the moment, this is 64x64). How do I get a tile? First, you have to grab a GimpDrawable structure. You can get one from any drawable, by calling the "get" function: my $gdrawable = $drawable->get; in a sense, <$gdrawable> contains all tiles. Changes you make to them might not be reflected in the image until you destroy this variable. (Thats the reason I used "my" int he above example. Once $gdrawable gets out of scope, the drawable in the gimp automatically gets updated). To get access to a tile, you have to call "get_tile" or "get_tile2". "get_tile" expects row/column numbers of the tile, while "get_tile2" expects pixel coordinates and will return the tile that pixel is in: my $tile = $gdrawable->get_tile2(1,75,60); The "data" method returns and sets the raw pixel data. $piddle = $tile->data; # get the tile data as a piddle $piddle *= 0.5; # do sth. with the pixels $tile->data($piddle); # and modify the tile PIXELREGIONS
"PixelRgn"s are rectangular parts of a drawable. You can access single pixels, rows, columns and rectangles within these regions. Don't expect me to explain everything now, I don't understand the mechanism too well myself.. How do I create a pixel region? First, you have to grab a GimpDrawable structure. You can get one from any drawable, by calling the "get" function: my $gdrawable = $drawable->get; Now you can create as many PixelRgn structures as you want from the "GimpDrawable": my $region = new PixelRgn($gdrawable,0,0,50,30,1,0); # with "new" my $region = $gdrawable->pixel_rgn(0,0,50,30,1,0); # or from a drawable which method you choose is purely a question of style... The following functions return packed pixel data (see Gimp::PDL for an easier way to manipulate on image data): $piddle = $region->get_pixel(45,60); # return the pixel at (45|60) $piddle = $region->get_row(45,60,10); # return ten horizontal pixels $piddle = $region->get_col(45,60,10); # same but vertically $piddle = $region->get_rect(45,60,10,12); # a 10x12 rectangle To modify pixels, the dirty bit of the region must be set (I believe, but I don't see the reason what the dirty bit in a region is for so I might be wrong), and you can write pixel data to the region with the following functions, each one corresponding to a get-function: $region->set_pixel($piddle,45,60); # set pixel at (45|60) $region->set_row($piddle,45,60); # set a row $region->set_col($piddle,45,60); # set a column $region->set_rect($piddle,45,60); # set a whole rectangle Please note that (unlike the C functions they call), the size arguments (width and/or height) are missing, they can be calculated from the piddle. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp(1). perl v5.8.0 2000-08-24 PIXEL(1)