Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX internal Algorithms
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions UNIX internal Algorithms Post 302739507 by Phaneendra G on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 09:46:31 AM
Old 12-04-2012
UNIX internal Algorithms

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

Unix internal algorithms like namei()

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

System programming concepts

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

System programming concepts, I don't know about these..

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

BITS pilani,Hyderabad,India,B.V.Prasad babu, System programming

Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here! You must complete the entire template (not just parts of it).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

implementation of all sorting algorithms using fork

im new to programming c in unix this is program written by me i want each and every child to do a seperate work such implement a different sorting algorithm but im not getting the way i wrote as below...plz help me how can i do that #include<stdio.h> main() { int i; for(i=0;i<5;i++)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaitu07
1 Replies

2. Programming

Unix Internal

What is Unix Internals on a Layman's Language.Can I consider Unix Internal expert for a Unix's Position? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rengi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Internal Question

Hi Guys- Does anyone know how to determine the unix user id that accessed a particular file? For instance, we have a particular file under /usr/var/sample.exe ; I'm executing "ls -ltu /usr/var/sample.exe" and finds out that it has been accessed recently. How could i find out the user id that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password hashing algorithms

I'm collecting some info on the password hashing algorithms in use on various Unix systems. So far I have: no $ legacy unix crypt $1$ MD5 $2$ Blowfish on BSD $2a$ alternate Blowfish on BSD $md5$ Sun's alternate MD5 $3$ a Microsoft hash $4$ not used? $5$ RedHat proposed Sha-256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

6. Programming

Algorithms for Parallel Processing

Hey, I just wanted to know how many algorithms there are that cannot be accelerated by parallel processing. I know one such algorithm is Euclid's Algorithm (for GCF). does anyone know any other algorithms that cannot be accelerated by pp? if so please list the names and a general sentence of what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with internal unix command in statement throwing error

Hi I've gotten a plugin script that won't run. I keeps throwing an error at the following line. for BARCODE_LINE in `cat ${TSP_FILEPATH_BARCODE_TXT} | grep "^barcode"` do #something done The error reads ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

8. AIX

Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms

Received a vulnerability - SSH INSECURE HMAC ALGORITHMS ENABLED. The solution was to Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms. Disable any MD5-based HMAC Algorithms. Can someone please tell me how to disable in AIX 5.3? Thanks, Sudo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudo su
1 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)