Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX internal Algorithms
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions UNIX internal Algorithms Post 302739507 by Phaneendra G on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 09:46:31 AM
Old 12-04-2012
UNIX internal Algorithms

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

Unix internal algorithms like namei()

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

System programming concepts

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

System programming concepts, I don't know about these..

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

BITS pilani,Hyderabad,India,B.V.Prasad babu, System programming

Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here! You must complete the entire template (not just parts of it).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

implementation of all sorting algorithms using fork

im new to programming c in unix this is program written by me i want each and every child to do a seperate work such implement a different sorting algorithm but im not getting the way i wrote as below...plz help me how can i do that #include<stdio.h> main() { int i; for(i=0;i<5;i++)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaitu07
1 Replies

2. Programming

Unix Internal

What is Unix Internals on a Layman's Language.Can I consider Unix Internal expert for a Unix's Position? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rengi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Internal Question

Hi Guys- Does anyone know how to determine the unix user id that accessed a particular file? For instance, we have a particular file under /usr/var/sample.exe ; I'm executing "ls -ltu /usr/var/sample.exe" and finds out that it has been accessed recently. How could i find out the user id that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password hashing algorithms

I'm collecting some info on the password hashing algorithms in use on various Unix systems. So far I have: no $ legacy unix crypt $1$ MD5 $2$ Blowfish on BSD $2a$ alternate Blowfish on BSD $md5$ Sun's alternate MD5 $3$ a Microsoft hash $4$ not used? $5$ RedHat proposed Sha-256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
2 Replies

6. Programming

Algorithms for Parallel Processing

Hey, I just wanted to know how many algorithms there are that cannot be accelerated by parallel processing. I know one such algorithm is Euclid's Algorithm (for GCF). does anyone know any other algorithms that cannot be accelerated by pp? if so please list the names and a general sentence of what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with internal unix command in statement throwing error

Hi I've gotten a plugin script that won't run. I keeps throwing an error at the following line. for BARCODE_LINE in `cat ${TSP_FILEPATH_BARCODE_TXT} | grep "^barcode"` do #something done The error reads ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
3 Replies

8. AIX

Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms

Received a vulnerability - SSH INSECURE HMAC ALGORITHMS ENABLED. The solution was to Disable any 96-bit HMAC Algorithms. Disable any MD5-based HMAC Algorithms. Can someone please tell me how to disable in AIX 5.3? Thanks, Sudo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudo su
1 Replies
xpaclient(3)							SAORD Documentation						      xpaclient(3)

NAME
XPAClient - The XPA Client-side Programming Interface SYNOPSIS
A description of the XPA client-side programming interface. DESCRIPTION
Introduction to XPA Client Programming Sending/receiving data to/from an XPA access point is easy: you generally only need to call the XPAGet() or XPASet() subroutines. #include <xpa.h> int XPAGet(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, char **bufs, int *lens, char **names, char **messages, int n); int XPASet(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, char *buf, int len, char **names, char **messages, int n); int XPAInfo(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, char **names, char **messages, int n); int XPAAccess(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, char **names, char **messages, int n); int XPAGetFd(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, int *fds, char **names, char **messages, int n); int XPASetFd(XPA xpa, char *template, char *paramlist, char *mode, int fd, char **names, char **messages, int n); XPA XPAOpen(char *mode); void XPAClose(XPA xpa); int XPANSLookup(XPA xpa, char *template, char *type, char ***classes, char ***names, char ***methods, char ***infos); Introduction To use the XPA application programming interface, a software developer generally will include the xpa.h definitions file: #include <xpa.h> in the software module that defines or accesses an XPA access point and then will link against the libxpa.a library: gcc -o foo foo.c libxpa.a XPA has been compiled using both C and C++ compilers. Client communication with XPA public access points generally is accomplished using XPAGet() or XPASet() within a program (or xpaget and xpaset at the command line). Both routines require specification of the name of the access point. If a template is used to specify the access point name (e.g., "ds9*"), then communication will take place with all servers matching that template. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpaclient(3)