Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting last section of data from logfile Post 302739487 by Vikram_Tanwar12 on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 09:15:50 AM
Old 12-04-2012
Then you can open the log file and type in the end

Code:
set nu

and then you just need to see the line number of the last Opened log file suppose its line number is 4 and the last line number is 50 then you just need to type on command line.

Code:
sed -n '4,50'p logfilename

It will give result as per your need.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Section

Just like we have a section "Unix for dummies..." , why not have a section on UNIX BACKUP AND RECOVERY Thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get last section from large logfile

Hi all, I need to pull the (last section) from the header to the end of file. This logfile will have many sections appended, but I only need to capture the last one and email it to someone. Any ideas? Thanks Kathy Example Logfile: ============= = BOX : SAPCFI = JOB : SAPCFI =... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
9 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

Hi Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested. While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created. For example I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Remove No data Section

Hello, I have written a script that removes duplicates within a file and places them in another report. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Content Header ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC1 67890 header ABC2 1234-0001 ABC3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data froma logfile

You are given a 1 year logfile with each line starting with a date in the form “YYYY-MM-DD”. How would you extract logs from the 4th day of each month and put them into a new file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

take a section of a data with conditions

I have a data file like below: 2011 0701 2015 21.2 L 37.692 46.202 18.0 Teh 4 0.3 2.1 LTeh 1 GAP=233 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT PERI AZIMU VELO SNR AR TRES W DIS CAZ7 TBZ SN EPg 0 2015 31.19 -0.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a section from an UNIX file obtaining only part of the data

Hello, I have a log file that has several sections "BEGIN JOB, End of job" like in the following example: 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): BEGIN JOB j1(27787398-449294) JOB1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): DIGIT: 0 number of present logs : 1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)