Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting last section of data from logfile Post 302739477 by bartus11 on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 08:54:32 AM
Old 12-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotne
I would like to have all data from last found Opened log file, not from first found Smilie
Prefer sed/awk soultion. My knowledge about perl is missing.
Did you try my code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Section

Just like we have a section "Unix for dummies..." , why not have a section on UNIX BACKUP AND RECOVERY Thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get last section from large logfile

Hi all, I need to pull the (last section) from the header to the end of file. This logfile will have many sections appended, but I only need to capture the last one and email it to someone. Any ideas? Thanks Kathy Example Logfile: ============= = BOX : SAPCFI = JOB : SAPCFI =... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
9 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

Hi Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested. While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created. For example I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Remove No data Section

Hello, I have written a script that removes duplicates within a file and places them in another report. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Content Header ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC1 67890 header ABC2 1234-0001 ABC3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data froma logfile

You are given a 1 year logfile with each line starting with a date in the form “YYYY-MM-DD”. How would you extract logs from the 4th day of each month and put them into a new file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

take a section of a data with conditions

I have a data file like below: 2011 0701 2015 21.2 L 37.692 46.202 18.0 Teh 4 0.3 2.1 LTeh 1 GAP=233 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 STAT SP IPHASW D HRMM SECON CODA AMPLIT PERI AZIMU VELO SNR AR TRES W DIS CAZ7 TBZ SN EPg 0 2015 31.19 -0.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a section from an UNIX file obtaining only part of the data

Hello, I have a log file that has several sections "BEGIN JOB, End of job" like in the following example: 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): BEGIN JOB j1(27787398-449294) JOB1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57 (27787398-449294): DIGIT: 0 number of present logs : 1 19/06/12 - 16:00:57... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
4 Replies
2004-04-16

mailping

MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)						     Mailping						       MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)

NAME
mailping-success - Munin plugin to graph time since last mail delivery SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/mailping/munin-plugins/mailping-success {[config] | ['']} DESCRIPTION
mailping-success is a Munin plugin that monitors time passed since last successful email probe. Configuration output When passed config, it outputs Munin configuration information. If there are no circuits defined (no subdirectories in /etc/mailping), it specifies that Munin should draw no graph either. If configuration files /etc/mailping/circuit/warntime and /etc/mailping/circuit/failtime exist, the values in them are passed on to Munin, for use in Nagios alert integration. Value output When passed an empty string '', mailping-success outputs the difference between current time and last successful probe, for each configured circuit. FILES
/etc/mailping/ List of circuits that exist; each subdirectory is a circuit. /etc/mailping/circuit/warntime If more than this many seconds have passed since last successful probe, a Nagios warning is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no warnings. /etc/mailping/circuit/failtime If more than this many seconds have passed since last successful probe, a Nagios alert is triggered by Munin (assuming it has been configured to do that). Default: no alerts. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/success Timestamp in seconds of the last successful probe for circuit. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_CONFIGDIR Override the location of the configuration directory. Default: /etc/mailping MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping SEE ALSO
mailping-latency(1), mailping-cron(1), mailping-store(1), munin-run(8), munin-node(8) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-16 MAILPING-SUCCESS(1)