Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issues with awk and tcsh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues with awk and tcsh Post 302739389 by maverick_here on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 06:43:01 AM
Old 12-04-2012
Thanks Scott

I have used nawk and it worked fine. It is a migration project from Sco to Sun. It never occurred be about using nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk. Once again thanks a million.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk output issues.

I have the follwing code: awk '{print $1}' HITS #Searches HITS file column one. Column one is filenames awk '{print $2}' HITS | sort -n | wc -l #Searches HITS file and sorts numerically and outputs line count. column 2 is IP addresses awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
4 Replies

2. AIX

Issues with AWK

Hi there I have written a ksh script on a Red Hat OS and the following extract works. awk '{if (NR != 1) {print $rec1_field }}' $file1 >> combined When I run the same script on an AIX OS, I get the following error. awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct. The input line number is 2. The... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk Performance Issues

Hi All, I'm facing an issue in my awk script. The script is processing a large text file having the details of a number of persons, each person's details being written from 100 to 250 tags as given below: 100 START| 101klklk| ... 245 opr| 246 55| 250 END| 100 START| ... 245 pp| 246... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgp_acc1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for / foreach syntax issues (in bash or tcsh)

So I am new to unix, and actually anything outside drag and drop with the mouse (been learning for about a week so far) . I have been using the foreach command in tcsh because I am working on a group of files. Basically what I need is to insert part of the filename as the first line in the file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepolypore
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh issues

HI, I am having strange issues with my tcsh shell. First, the "ln" command doesnt seem to work properly. I have a file "target" that is pointing to "file1". I cannot access file1 but that shouldnt matter. when I do this, ln -sf file2 target I get permission denied that I cannot access the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk: issues for writing a script

%%%%% (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcsh command for assigning output of awk to variable

Hi I have a text file with 2 values and I am trying to assign each value to a variable and then write those to text files. So if the textfile is data.txt with 2 values x and y I want to assign mean=x, and stdev=y and then write these out in text files alongwith the id ($id has already been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: violin
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with executing awk

I am piping some output to awk and would like to print fields $1 $2 and $3 $4 only if they exist. Note the awk begins with awk '{print $NF " " since I want the last field printed first. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: motdman
7 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)