Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudo and edit other user's info. Post 302739331 by Peasant on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 04:16:07 AM
Old 12-04-2012
Run exit and return to user1 prompt, then modify the bashrc again.

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i edit /etc/vfstab in single user mode

Hi Experts /etc/vfstab is corrupted as while editing it i forgot to comment some of the line. how can i edit the file in single in user mod? also, i have some problem in CD drive , so i cant boot it from CD and do the changes. i tried mounding the root file system as rw, however no... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo user

I am trying to run a command from different user on my server. However when i execute the command it asks for password can you please help. when i use this command to switch user no password is required 1) sudo su - bilbtf42 when i use 2) sudo su - bilbtf42 cp file1 direcotry1/file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Discover the last user in a group to edit a file?

Alright, so a number of users are in a group, and they have certain access rights to a file, which is owned by a single user, standard stuff, right? However, I need to know which user in that group was the last user to edit a file. Is there any way to determine this in SunOS 5.9? I've looked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainedragon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo su - USER ??? How to??

Hi folks, Here is my question of the day 8-) I have to provide the ability to sudo su - orapd2 & sudo su - pd2adm for the following people User A, B, C, D which all of them are part of the group staff. orapd2 and pd2adm are also users. Users A, B, C, D should not type the password for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me to edit sudo file

I am trying to edit sudoers file by running the command #visudo. But it is not opening and error showing like 'it is read only filesystem'. Than I changed the permissions of /etc/sudoers file to 640 and modified it(after I change the permission to 440). Than it is modified successfully. But sudo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welcome23
2 Replies

8. AIX

Sudo to other user

Hello All, I am trying to grant sudo privileges to a set of users (say tom and jerry) to sudo to another set of users (jim, harry). This is because we don't want to disclose the password of jim and harry. I did defined the user_alias and runas alias. %wms ALL = (USR) /usr/bin/su -, where wms... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user groups and edit permissions?

OK guys and gals. I've been working on a debian system for a little bit, in hopes of making it into a system we can use for manifests and other things. I am very new to unix, particularly debian. I would like to make 2 or 3 different groups. 1 would be for me, and other people... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samee71
1 Replies
CALIFE.AUTH(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    CALIFE.AUTH(5)

NAME
calife.auth -- format of the calife authorization file DESCRIPTION
The calife.auth files are files consisting of newline separated records, one per user, containing three colon (``:'') separated fields. These fields are as follows: name User's login name / @group. shell User's shell user1,user2,...,usern List of logins allowed for the user name The name field is the login used to access the computer account. The login name must never begin with a hyphen (``-''); also, it is strongly suggested that neither upper-case characters or dots (``.'') be part of the name, as this tends to confuse mailers. No field may contain a colon (``:'') as this has been used historically to separate the fields in the user database. One alternative syntax is to use @group to specify that any user in the given group is allowed to use calife to become root. The shell field is the command interpreter the user prefers. If there is nothing in the shell field, the user's current shell as found in the (/etc/passwd) file is assumed. If the shell field is '*', then the account is considered as locked and access is denied. If the third parameter is specified, it is assumed to be the list of login the current user has the right to become. It enables use of calife for non-root only accounts. calife.auth is placed in /etc. EXAMPLE
# calife.auth-dist # # Format # # name[:shell_to_be_run][:user1,user2,usern] # fcb roberto:/bin/tcsh pb::guest,blaireau SEE ALSO
calife(1), su(1) HISTORY
A calife.auth file format appeared in DG/UX and SunOS, written for Antenne 2 in 1991. It has evolved with the extra shell specification. The login list was reintroduced in 2.7. AUTHOR
Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net> BSD
September 25, 1994 BSD