Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudo and edit other user's info. Post 302739323 by linuxadmin on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 03:46:26 AM
Old 12-04-2012
RedHat Sudo and edit other user's info.

i did a mistake. Smilie
Code:
user1 ]$ vi ~/.bashrc
sudo su - user2

now , whenever I try to login to user1 , it will login to user2.

How can I resolve this ? Smilie

N.B
-- I do not have root access.
-- I dont know password of user2
-- this is a virtual machine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Info

How could I get the details about a user logged in a Unix system? ( WHat tasks did he perform or if he had changed any file or not)? Please answer my question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_dhar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i edit /etc/vfstab in single user mode

Hi Experts /etc/vfstab is corrupted as while editing it i forgot to comment some of the line. how can i edit the file in single in user mod? also, i have some problem in CD drive , so i cant boot it from CD and do the changes. i tried mounding the root file system as rw, however no... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update LDIF User info based on Test User Certs ID's

Hi I need help.......... I have an Sun One Directory server LDIF file with 5000 user entries, I need to change the data to match Test ID's, so I can run a perf test. I'm way out of my league as I have not done any scripting for 10 years. There are four entries for each user in the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macdaddy99
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo user

I am trying to run a command from different user on my server. However when i execute the command it asks for password can you please help. when i use this command to switch user no password is required 1) sudo su - bilbtf42 when i use 2) sudo su - bilbtf42 cp file1 direcotry1/file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Discover the last user in a group to edit a file?

Alright, so a number of users are in a group, and they have certain access rights to a file, which is owned by a single user, standard stuff, right? However, I need to know which user in that group was the last user to edit a file. Is there any way to determine this in SunOS 5.9? I've looked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainedragon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo su - USER ??? How to??

Hi folks, Here is my question of the day 8-) I have to provide the ability to sudo su - orapd2 & sudo su - pd2adm for the following people User A, B, C, D which all of them are part of the group staff. orapd2 and pd2adm are also users. Users A, B, C, D should not type the password for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help me to edit sudo file

I am trying to edit sudoers file by running the command #visudo. But it is not opening and error showing like 'it is read only filesystem'. Than I changed the permissions of /etc/sudoers file to 640 and modified it(after I change the permission to 440). Than it is modified successfully. But sudo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welcome23
2 Replies

8. AIX

Sudo to other user

Hello All, I am trying to grant sudo privileges to a set of users (say tom and jerry) to sudo to another set of users (jim, harry). This is because we don't want to disclose the password of jim and harry. I did defined the user_alias and runas alias. %wms ALL = (USR) /usr/bin/su -, where wms... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user groups and edit permissions?

OK guys and gals. I've been working on a debian system for a little bit, in hopes of making it into a system we can use for manifests and other things. I am very new to unix, particularly debian. I would like to make 2 or 3 different groups. 1 would be for me, and other people... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samee71
1 Replies
quota(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 quota(1M)

NAME
quota - display a user's ufs file system disk quota and usage SYNOPSIS
quota [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
quota displays users' UFS disk usage and limits. Only the super-user may use the optional username argument to view the limits of other users. quota without options only display warnings about mounted file systems where usage is over quota. Remotely mounted file systems which do not have quotas turned on are ignored. username can be the numeric UID of a user. OPTIONS
-v Display user's quota on all mounted file systems where quotas exist. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of quota when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/etc/mnttab list of currently mounted filesystems ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
edquota(1M), quotaon(1M), quotacheck(1M), repquota(1M), rquotad(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5), zones(5) NOTES
quota displays quotas for NFS mounted UFS-based file systems if the rquotad daemon is running. See rquotad(1M). In a zones(5) environment, quota displays quotas only for the zone in which it is invoked. quota can display entries for the same file system multiple times for multiple mount points. For example, # quota -v user1 might display identical quota information for user1 at the mount points /home/user1, /home/user2, and /home/user, if all three mount points are mounted from the same file system with quotas turned on. SunOS 5.11 11 Nov 2008 quota(1M)