Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retrieve many entries using awk Post 302739271 by Jotne on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 01:11:20 AM
Old 12-04-2012
Post #2
Code:
Not sure I understand what you want to achieve. Pls post desired output.

You have sample input, but we would like to see sample output. What do you like to get from your script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve lines using sed, grep or awk

Hi, I'm looking for a command to retrieve a block of lines using sed or grep, probably awk if that can do the job. In below example, By searching for words "Third line2" i'm expecting to retrieve the full block starting with 'BEGIN' and ending with 'END' of the search. Example: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learning_linux
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve digital string using sed or awk

Hi, I have filename in the following format: YUENLONG_20070818.DMP HK_20070818_V0.DMP WANCHAI_20070820.DMP KWUNTONG_20070820_V0.DMP How to retrieve only the digital part with sed or awk and return the following format: 20070818 20070818 20070820 20070820 Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to retrieve max year in column

I am trying to retrieve that max 'year' in a text file that is delimited by tilde (~). It is the second column and the values may be in Char format (double quoted) and have duplicate values. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKT_newbie88
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut, sed, awk too slow to retrieve line - other options?

Hi, I have a script that, basically, has two input files of this type: file1 key1=value1_1_1 key2=value1_2_1 key4=value1_4_1 ... file2 key2=value2_2_1 key2=value2_2_2 key3=value2_3_1 key4=value2_4_1 ... My files are 10k lines big each (approx). The keys are strings that don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retrieve the particular value from a same list of xml tags

Hi All, I have the following code in one of my xml file: <com:parameter> <com:name>secretKey</com:name> <com:value>31XA874821172E89B00B1C</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter> <com:name>tryDisinfect</com:name> <com:value>false</com:value> </com:parameter> <com:parameter>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve printer detail - AWK

Hi All, For some reason, I need to have the printer detail from the AIX. Following are the part of /etc/qconfig and /etc/hosts. Can any one of you please help me with an awk some other option to get the detail ? I have mentioned the required output format at the end. /etc/qconfig s63lb1: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - To retrieve an expression from the last line containing a pattern

Hi All, I'm new on this forum, and i'm trying since several days to find out a way to retrieve a expression from the last line containing a pattern. Could you please help me with this ? E.g. The file is containing the following lines 08/05 17:33:47 STAT1 Response(22) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antonio Fargas
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Hi Everyone, I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file? Please let me know what is the awk command for this? Regards Rakesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

awk command to retrieve record 23 and 89 from UNIX file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am looking for awk command to retrieve only the record number 23 and record number 89 from a unix file?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshp
6 Replies
ESDCTL(1)						     Enlightened Sound Daemon							 ESDCTL(1)

NAME
esdctl - The Enlightened Sound Daemon DESCRIPTION
Command-line control program for EsounD USAGE
esdctl [options] [command] options: "-s", --server=host:port contact esd server on host at port commands: lock foreign clients may not use the server unlock foreign clients may use the server standby, off suspend sound output for other programs resume, on resume sound output cache sample cache a sample in the server getid name retrieve a sample id from its name free name uncache a sample in the server play name play a cached sample once loop name make a cached sample loop stop name stop the looping sample at end serverinfo get server info from server allinfo get player and sample info from server panstream id left right set panning for a stream pansample id left right set default panning for a sample - left/right pan values scaled to 256. standbymode see if server's on standby, etc. SEE ALSO
esd(1), esdcat(1), esddsp(1), esdloop(1), esdplay(1), esdsample(1), esd-config(1), esdfilt(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1) 3rd Berkeley Distribution EsounD 0.2.28 ESDCTL(1)