Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to clear network socket port 17005? Post 302739219 by gjackson123 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 06:22:11 PM
Old 12-03-2012
Hi Jim mcnamara,

Thank you very much for your detail response and suggestion.

I tried the following command but had no luck with it:

root@braveheart # /usr/sbin/ndd -get /dev/tcp time_wait_interval
name is non-existent for this module
for a list of valid names, use name '?'

Is it supported on Solaris 10 (5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc)?

Thanks so much again,

George

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

socket on serial port

Does anyone know if it's possible to send socket by a serial port ? If yes, how can I find on Irix the value of my serial ports to use with this function : serverSockAddr.sin_port = ? Thanks for all responses ! Kintoo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kintoo
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to clear/clean mbufs (network buffer space)?

When I worked with client-server (socket) programming, I encountered "the socket error# 10055" which means "No buffer space available". This might be a symptom of one or more applications that didn't return system resources (like memory) properly. Temporary solution was to reboot the machine to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipti
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket programming:One server two port

I want my server socket to listen on two ports in my machine. How do i achieve it? I will have two clients one connecting to 1 port and another to a different port. So my server needs to listen to both. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abc.working
1 Replies

4. Programming

Clear Serial Port Buffer Using iclear, iflush

Hello, I am having trouble clearing the serial port buffer using the iclear and iflush commands. The code runs without errors being returned, but when I check the buffer again there is still data. The only way I have so far is to read until there is nothing left in the buffer. Shouldn't one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy-e
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Port number of socket returned by accept()

Hi, I typed a few tcp/ip client/server examples from a book and it works - sort of - but I noticed something strange. When I run my server I set it to use port 3001 and the client uses the same port to connect to server. They succeed, but the server prints something that doesn't really make much... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idelovski
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to clear particular port

Hi Everyone, How to check the status of the particular port and also clear it if it is locked without reboot? Please suggest. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
6 Replies

7. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Get process id and port from the socket

Hello, Please help me in getting the process id and the port number from the socket netstat -Aan|grep -i closed f100050010b133b8 tcp 0 0 *.* *.* CLOSED f1000500119b53b8 tcp4 0 0 *.* *.* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. AIX

Process on a specified Terminal and Socket Port does not start

Hi, I new to AIX, and I have been using Rocket UniData in it. I had to set up a Process for Data Exchange by assigning a unique Terminal and a Socket Port to that process. I ran the process for the first time and it was successful and after use I stopped the process. Now when I want to run it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BejoyS
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)