Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to protect directory var/www in debian? Post 302739055 by in2nix4life on Monday 3rd of December 2012 12:01:55 PM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a ~/www directory?

Hey, How do I create a ~/www directory in Linux. I want to make a web space for a few perl scripts I need to test. I have an account on a Linux server and I am telnetting to the account from a windows 2000 machine. How can I actually make a virtual directory? I know by creating a www... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradnoir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize /var/www (debian)

I have several live websites running in the /var/www/XXXX directory. Initially when I did the Debian install I limited the web directory to 6GB. I am now outgrowing that limit. Question is: Is there a simple way to add space to the web directory??? I'd hate to have to redo the whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seagonus
3 Replies

3. Web Development

var/www/html permissions

Hi, first post. I have no Linux experience. I have an e-friend that set me up a VPS and my website with Apache and FTP access so I could upload my files the way I do it regularly with my shared hosting. The OS in the VPS is Fedora by the way. Now the thing is: http ://www.mydomain.com presents... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPA
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions of the folder var/www

what should be the permissions of the folder var/www in my ubuntu ? I need it to be safe and at the same time I need ftp users to be able to edit it. I was wondering if I should create a group with all permissions and add ftp users to this group in unix. what's the standard way to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

problem with /var/mail directory

Hi, There is no "administrator" file in "/var/mail" directory........ can any one tell me what could be the reason for that?...and also how to resolve that??? Thanks, ~Kavi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Suse 8 /var Directory

Hi there, I'm working on a Suse 8 based system and picked up that the crontab was missing. after some investigation i realized that the hole /var directory is missing. :mad: I would like to now if its common for this directory to go missing? Can I copy another Suse 8 /var directory to this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: malanve
10 Replies

7. Debian

Help request. FTP user to var/www/html

Hi all. I appologise this is my first post, I will gladly have a further look around to see if this has been posted elsewhere, but so far it has not, or it doesnt quite explain in full what I need. If anyone here can help me out, I would really appreciate this. I want to make sure I do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pinkfloyd
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unidentified File on /var Directory

Hi All, I'm having problem with /var directory which is keep increasing. Here's the output of bdf and du command # uname -a HP-UX rppmis1 B.11.11 U 9000/800 1153414645 unlimited-user license # bdf /var Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol8 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu33
8 Replies

9. Web Development

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] directs to /var/www not ~/public_html

Hi all, Exactly like my title says. I am learning PHP and MySQL and I used to use /var/www/ to host (contain or store) my files (.htm/.php) for testing. I could configure, finally, apache2 to use ~/public_html instead. Now I when I tried to use $_SERVER it still directs (I used echo to show... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
7 Replies
Apache::XMLRPC::Lite(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Apache::XMLRPC::Lite(3pm)

NAME
Apache::XMLRPC::Lite - mod_perl-based XML-RPC server with minimum configuration SYNOPSIS
httpd.conf (Location), directory-based access <Location /mod_xmlrpc> SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::XMLRPC::Lite PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" </Location> httpd.conf (Files), file-based access <FilesMatch ".xmlrpc$"> SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::XMLRPC::Lite PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" </FilesMatch> .htaccess, directory-based access SetHandler perl-script PerlHandler Apache::XMLRPC::Lite PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" DESCRIPTION
This Apache Perl module provides the ability to add support for XML-RPC protocol with easy configuration (either in .conf or in .htaccess file). This functionality should give you lightweight option for hosting SOAP services and greatly simplify configuration aspects. This module inherites functionality from XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Apache component of XMLRPC::Lite module. CONFIGURATION
The module can be placed in <Location>, <Directory>, <Files>, <FilesMatch> directives in main server configuration areas or directly in .htaccess file. All parameters should be quoted and can be separated with commas or spaces for lists ("a, b, c") and with 'wide arrows' and commas for hash parameters ("key1 => value1, key2 => value2"). All options that you can find in XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Apache component are available for configuration. Here is the description of most important ones. dispatch_to (LIST) Specifies path to directory that contains Perl modules you'd like to give access to, or just list of modules (for preloaded modules). PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules, Module::Name, Module::method" options (HASH) Specifies list of options for your module, for example threshold for compression. Future versions will support more options. See XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP documentation for other options. PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000" METHODS
/SUBROUTINES server my $server = Apache::XMLRPC::Lite->server(); Returns the server object. Useful if you need to manipulate the server object from your code. handle Request handler. Called by apache. DEPENDENCIES
XMLRPC::Lite mod_perl SEE ALSO
XMLRPC::Transport::HTTP::Apache for implementation details, XMLRPC::Lite for general information, and F<examples/server/mod_xmlrpc.htaccess> for .htaccess example COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-18 Apache::XMLRPC::Lite(3pm)