Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing lines of data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing lines of data Post 302739025 by radoulov on Monday 3rd of December 2012 10:59:04 AM
Old 12-03-2012
OK,
please post a sample input file and an example of the expected output. Please use code tags: Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines from 2 files

Hi Friends, I have 2 files A and B . I want to compare the 3rd line of file A and B . (I dont want to compare the 2 files, using diff or cmp). I just want to know whether 3rd line of A matches the 3 rd line of B. Can anybody share their knowledge on the same? Thanks , Vijaya (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data inside file

Hi Everyone, I will try to explain my question please forgive my english here. I am looking for shell script or command that can compare data in the files. I have 50 files in one directory test1 test2 test3 ....so on. I want to compare data in each files with each other and output each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines in file

i have 2 files and i want to compare i currently cat the files and awk print $1, $2 and doing if file1=file2 then fail, else exit 0 what i want to do is compare values, with column 1 being a reference i want to compare line by line and then still be able to do if then statement to see if worked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing lines of two different files

Hello, Please help me with this problem if you have a solution. I have two files: <file1> : In each line, first word is an Id and then other words that belong to this Id piMN-1 abc pqr xyz py12 niLM y12 FY4 pqs fiRLym F12 kite red <file2> : same as file1, but can have extra lds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the data in a 2 files

Hi Friends, I have a file 1 CREATE MULTISET TABLE TEYT_Q9_T.TEST ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE JOURNAL, NO AFTER JOURNAL, CHECKSUM = DEFAULT, DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO ( XYZ DECIMAL(10,0), ABC VARCHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, PQR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing to 3 data

# cat list.txt server1 server2 server3 server4 # data to be compared of. #dns address 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 #for i in `cat list.txt` do grep dns $ i done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lines within a word list

Hello all- New to this forum, and relatively new to using grep at the Terminal command line to work with regular expressions. I've got a background in math and some programming experience, so it's not been too difficult to learn the basics of searching through my word lists for particular types of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtalvacchio
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple lines in same file

Hello, I would like to write a /bin/ksh script to manipulate a file and compare its contexts. Comparing lines 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, and so forth until the end of the file. This is what I would like the script to compare (using line 1 & 2 as an example): 1. Verify if the last column in line 1 is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
10 Replies
Pod::Simple::RTF(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Pod::Simple::RTF(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::RTF -- format Pod as RTF SYNOPSIS
perl -MPod::Simple::RTF -e "exit Pod::Simple::RTF->filter(shift)->any_errata_seen" thingy.pod > thingy.rtf DESCRIPTION
This class is a formatter that takes Pod and renders it as RTF, good for viewing/printing in MSWord, WordPad/write.exe, TextEdit, etc. This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. FORMAT CONTROL ATTRIBUTES
You can set these attributes on the parser object before you call "parse_file" (or a similar method) on it: $parser->head1_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); $parser->head2_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); $parser->head3_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); $parser->head4_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); These methods set the size (in half-points, like 52 for 26-point) that these heading levels will appear as. $parser->codeblock_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); This method sets the size (in half-points, like 21 for 10.5-point) that codeblocks ("verbatim sections") will appear as. $parser->header_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); This method sets the size (in half-points, like 15 for 7.5-point) that the header on each page will appear in. The header is usually just "modulename p. pagenumber". $parser->normal_halfpoint_size( halfpoint_integer ); This method sets the size (in half-points, like 26 for 13-point) that normal paragraphic text will appear in. $parser->no_proofing_exemptions( true_or_false ); Set this value to true if you don't want the formatter to try putting a hidden code on all Perl symbols (as best as it can notice them) that labels them as being not in English, and so not worth spellchecking. $parser->doc_lang( microsoft_decimal_language_code ) This sets the language code to tag this document as being in. By default, it is currently the value of the environment variable "RTFDEFLANG", or if that's not set, then the value 1033 (for US English). Setting this appropriately is useful if you want to use the RTF to spellcheck, and/or if you want it to hyphenate right. Here are some notable values: 1033 US English 2057 UK English 3081 Australia English 4105 Canada English 1034 Spain Spanish 2058 Mexico Spanish 1031 Germany German 1036 France French 3084 Canada French 1035 Finnish 1044 Norwegian (Bokmal) 2068 Norwegian (Nynorsk) If you are particularly interested in customizing this module's output even more, see the source and/or write to me. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple, RTF::Writer, RTF::Cookbook, RTF::Document, RTF::Generator SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.18.2 2013-11-14 Pod::Simple::RTF(3pm)