Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing lines of data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing lines of data Post 302739023 by markymarkg123 on Monday 3rd of December 2012 10:55:25 AM
Old 12-03-2012
This is for research. The data is power and its odd harmonics, and I am looking for a way to ID transients without having to graph everything. I just chose simple numbers so I can understand the mechanics. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing data list...

I have a list of files that I want to compare to another list of files, how do I do that? The first list will be my known list and hard coded, for example: mylist="janfile.tar jarfile.jar jan.rpt.Z" etc. The second list will be found by doing an 'ls' piped to a file: ls > filelist.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines from 2 files

Hi Friends, I have 2 files A and B . I want to compare the 3rd line of file A and B . (I dont want to compare the 2 files, using diff or cmp). I just want to know whether 3rd line of A matches the 3 rd line of B. Can anybody share their knowledge on the same? Thanks , Vijaya (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing data inside file

Hi Everyone, I will try to explain my question please forgive my english here. I am looking for shell script or command that can compare data in the files. I have 50 files in one directory test1 test2 test3 ....so on. I want to compare data in each files with each other and output each... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing lines in file

i have 2 files and i want to compare i currently cat the files and awk print $1, $2 and doing if file1=file2 then fail, else exit 0 what i want to do is compare values, with column 1 being a reference i want to compare line by line and then still be able to do if then statement to see if worked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing lines of two different files

Hello, Please help me with this problem if you have a solution. I have two files: <file1> : In each line, first word is an Id and then other words that belong to this Id piMN-1 abc pqr xyz py12 niLM y12 FY4 pqs fiRLym F12 kite red <file2> : same as file1, but can have extra lds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the data in a 2 files

Hi Friends, I have a file 1 CREATE MULTISET TABLE TEYT_Q9_T.TEST ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE JOURNAL, NO AFTER JOURNAL, CHECKSUM = DEFAULT, DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO ( XYZ DECIMAL(10,0), ABC VARCHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, PQR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing to 3 data

# cat list.txt server1 server2 server3 server4 # data to be compared of. #dns address 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 #for i in `cat list.txt` do grep dns $ i done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lines within a word list

Hello all- New to this forum, and relatively new to using grep at the Terminal command line to work with regular expressions. I've got a background in math and some programming experience, so it's not been too difficult to learn the basics of searching through my word lists for particular types of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtalvacchio
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple lines in same file

Hello, I would like to write a /bin/ksh script to manipulate a file and compare its contexts. Comparing lines 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, and so forth until the end of the file. This is what I would like the script to compare (using line 1 & 2 as an example): 1. Verify if the last column in line 1 is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
10 Replies
GC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     GC(1)

NAME
gvgen - generate graphs SYNOPSIS
gvgen [ -d? ] [ -cn ] [ -Cx,y ] [ -g[f]x,y ] [ -G[f]x,y ] [ -hn ] [ -kn ] [ -bx,y ] [ -pn ] [ -sn ] [ -Sn ] [ -tn ] [ -Tx,y ] [ -wn ] [ -ooutfile ] DESCRIPTION
gvgen generates a variety of simple, regularly-structured abstract graphs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c n Generate a cycle with n vertices and edges. -C x,y Generate an x by y cylinder. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y edges. -g [f]x,y Generate an x by y grid. If f is given, the grid is folded, with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner vertices. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y - y - x edges if unfolded and 2*x*y - y - x + 2 edges if folded. -G [f]x,y Generate an x by y partial grid. If f is given, the grid is folded, with an edge attaching each pair of opposing corner vertices. This will have x*y vertices. -h n Generate a hypercube of degree n. This will have 2^n vertices and n*2^(n-1) edges. -k n Generate a complete graph on n vertices with n*(n-1)/2 edges. -b x,y Generate a complete x by y bipartite graph. This will have x+y vertices and x*y edges. -p n Generate a path on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -s n Generate a star on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -S n Generate a Sierpinski graph of order n. This will have 3*(3^(n-1) - 1)/2 vertices and 3^n edges. -t n Generate a binary tree of height n. This will have 2^n-1 vertices and 2^n-2 edges. -T x,y Generate an x by y torus. This will have x*y vertices and 2*x*y edges. -w n Generate a path on n vertices. This will have n-1 edges. -o outfile If specified, the generated graph is written into the file outfile. Otherwise, the graph is written to standard out. -d Make the generated graph directed. -? Print usage information. EXIT STATUS
gvgen exits with 0 on successful completion, and exits with 1 if given an ill-formed or incorrect flag, or if the specified output file could not be opened. AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gc(1), acyclic(1), gvpr(1), gvcolor(1), ccomps(1), sccmap(1), tred(1), libgraph(3) 27 March 2008 GC(1)