Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need lot of examples
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need lot of examples Post 302738997 by Neo on Monday 3rd of December 2012 09:49:29 AM
Old 12-03-2012
Hello!

Your question(s) could easily be answered by searching the Internet with Google. Google is your friend Smilie

Per forum rules, and the benefit of all users, please search the network and the forums before posting a question.

You can easily search the forums using our internal Google search engine or our advanced internal search engine. You can also search our huge UNIX and Linux database by user generated tags or search the database for unanswered questions and provide an answer.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

examples of hyperlinks in emails

Hi All, Im using bash on a sloaris box. I am using mailx to send emails from the unix box to internal email accounts. Does anyone have an example of how I can generate a hyperlink within the email body so that when the recipeint recieves the email, they can click on the link and the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

10. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
sadc(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   sadc(8)

NAME
sadc -- system activity data collector SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sadc [-m mode] [t n] [ofile] DESCRIPTION
The sadc tool is used to collect cumulative system activity data. The sample system data is collected at intervals t seconds apart, in a loop n times. The binary sample data is written to ofile if specified. Otherwise, the binary data is written to stdout. If the ofile file does not exist, it is created, otherwise it is truncated. sadc is intended to be used as the engine behind the sar(1) command, and is not typically invoked on the command line. Two shell scripts, sa1 and sa2 are provided to drive the typical sampling, saving, and reporting process. OPTIONS
The following options modify the way data is collected by sadc. -m mode Modify the collection of system statistics as specified by mode. Currently only one mode is supported. PPP By default, the collection of ppp network interface statistics is turned off. This is because the number of ppp connec- tions can be very high, causing the raw data file to grow unexpectedly large, especially when samples are collected at short intervals. Use the PPP mode to turn the collection back on. EXAMPLES
/usr/lib/sa/sadc 15 20 /tmp/sample.out This call collects 20 samples at 15 second intervals. The binary data is written to the /tmp/sample.out file FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. /usr/lib/sa/sa1 Shell script used to drive the sar data collection. /usr/lib/sa/sa2 Shell script used to drive the sar data reporting. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sa2(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X