Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need lot of examples
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need lot of examples Post 302738853 by fpmurphy on Monday 3rd of December 2012 02:39:48 AM
Old 12-03-2012
Do an Internet search for Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

examples of hyperlinks in emails

Hi All, Im using bash on a sloaris box. I am using mailx to send emails from the unix box to internal email accounts. Does anyone have an example of how I can generate a hyperlink within the email body so that when the recipeint recieves the email, they can click on the link and the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satnamx
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

10. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
QPDFVIEW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QPDFVIEW(1)

NAME
qpdfview - tabbed PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
qpdfview [options] [file(s)[#page[#top]]] DESCRIPTION
qpdfview is a simple document viewer for PDF documents. It uses the poppler library for rendering. OPTIONS
--unique If an instance of qpdfview is started with this option, any files that are opened using this option afterwards, are opened as tabs in this same window. If a file is already opened in a tab of the respective window, it is merely reloaded using this option. [file(s)[#page[#top]]] Specifies the files to open when qpdfview starts. If this is not specified, qpdfview will open a blank window. Multiple files can be loaded in separate tabs if the file names are separated by spaces. The optional parameter #page opens the file at the given page. The optional parameter #top can take values between 0 and 1 and opens the page with the given position aligned to the top of the tab. (See examples.) CONFIGURATION FILE
qpdfview uses a configuration file usually located at "~/.config/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf", which allows configuration of the toolbars and thumbnails. The keys "fileToolBar", "editToolBar" and "viewToolBar" are added to the section "mainWindow". Their values are comma-separated lists. The default (available) entries are: fileToolBar: openInNewTab, refresh (open, saveCopy, print) editToolBar: currentPage, numberOfPages, previousPage, nextPage (firstPage, lastPage, jumpToPage, search) viewToolBar: scaleFactor, zoomIn, zoomOut (onePage, twoPages, oneColumn, twoColumns, fitToPage, fitToPageWidth, doNotScale, rotateLeft, rotateRight, fullscreen, presentation) The order of the items in the list defines the order of the items in the toolbar. (See examples.) Setting the keys "thumbnailWidth" and "thumbnailHeight" in the section "documentView" specifies the size of the thumbnails. The icon theme used by Qt can be overridden by setting the key "iconTheme" in the section "mainWindow". EXAMPLES
The command qpdfview foo.pdf#3#0.5 bar.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first tab with the middle of page 3 aligned to the top of the tab and bar.pdf in the second tab at the begin- ning of the document. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo.pdf#5 opens foo.pdf and bar.pdf, then reloads foo.pdf and displays its page 5. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf qpdfview bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo1.pdf bar1.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first window, bar.pdf in a second window and then foo1.pdf and bar1.pdf in additional tabs in the first window. Adding the lines fileToolBar=openInNewTab, refresh, saveCopy, print editToolBar=firstPage, previousPage, currentPage, numberOfPages, nextPage, lastPage, search viewToolBar=zoomOut, scaleFactor, zoomIn, oneColumn, twoColumns, rotateLeft, rotateRight in section "mainWindow" of the configuration file leads to the corresponding items being displayed in the given order in the tool- bars. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://launchpad.net/qpdfview. AUTHOR
Benjamin Eltzner <b.eltzner@gmx.de> March 2012 QPDFVIEW(1)