Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Temporary disable of users
Operating Systems Solaris Temporary disable of users Post 302738595 by smazshah on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 04:43:07 AM
Old 12-02-2012
thanks how to unlock?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Removing temporary alias

I found a syntax for adding temporary alias to an interface: ifconfig en0 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 alias But I can't find a command to remove it. Could it be that I only need to add - before alias? Tnx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove temporary file ?

Hi all, In the script I am creating a temporary file with process id as temp.txt.$$ I want to remove this tomporary file first from the current directory when i'll run the same script next time. Note: Every time when the script executes then it has unique process id and it'll create a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Temporary files and rm

Hello everyone, I am creating a temporary file in my ksh by using something file filetemp=filetemp.$$ Later on in my script I write to the file $filetemp by 'cat'ing to it. Then in the script I am doing a 'less' on the file to view it. At the end of the script I issue a rm $filetemp 2>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping temporary off and down

We have a sun server which when pinged temporarily responds and sometimes dont respond. Which problems may it is facing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eelinker
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Disable users to direct login

Hi all, how can I disable direct login to a Solaris system not only for root user but also for other accounts? Looking in google I came to the following: For telnet (/etc/default/login): disable root access> CONSOLE=/dev/console disable generic user> ? For ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
5 Replies

8. Programming

Storing a Temporary File Using C

How would someone save a file such as /etc/vpnc/test.conf locally into a temp file, so it can be queried? So for example if I used rsync to copy this file locally, how would I add that to a temp_file variable and discard it using unlink? #include <stdio.h> #include "error.h" ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
15 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to disable sudo -i in sudoers file for users?

All, I need to disable "sudo -i" and "su - " for all servers in our environment, We want to make sure no one run commands or delete files across environment using switching to root account. can you guys please lets me know if this is achievable. Thanks and Regards shekar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekar777
2 Replies
gpasswd(1)						      General Commands Manual							gpasswd(1)

NAME
gpasswd - change group password SYNOPSIS
gpasswd [-r|-l|-u] [group] DESCRIPTION
gpasswd changes passwords for group accounts. Only an administrator may change the password for any group. The used hash algorithmus is defined by the value of GROUP_CRYPT or, if not specified, CRYPT from /etc/default/passwd. If not configured, the traditinal des algorith- mus is used. OPTIONS
-r Remove group password. -l A system administrator can lock the password of the specified group. -u A system administrator can unlock the password of the specified group, if the group is not passwordless afterwards (it will not unlock a group that has only "!" as a password). FILES
/etc/group - group account information /etc/default/passwd - default values for password hash SEE ALSO
group(5), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8) AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de> pwdutils July 2006 gpasswd(1)