Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Increase the file system size Post 302738573 by BPANDEY on Sunday 2nd of December 2012 03:30:35 AM
Old 12-02-2012
[Solved] Increase the file system size

Dear Friends,

I would like to increase the size of a file system from 10GB to 15GB.
System is runing on HP-UX 11.31.

Please help in the matter.

Regards,
Bhagawati Pandey

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Increase size of /tmp swap File

Hi Guys I need to increase the size of my /tmp swap file. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks Carson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmackin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

4. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to increase file size in solaris 10 os

hi, let me know how to increase file size in solaris 10 OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Increase root file system size ...

Hello Admins, I am running a redhat linux 5 on vmware workstation. I need to increase or add some more space to my root (/) partition. I don't have any LVM configured.. Please suggest. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 3.8G 3.1G ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to increase jvm size for solaris 10 (sparc) operating system

Hi, I have solaris 10 (sparc) operating system machine on which I have installed supported weblogic 10.3. It was installed properly. As we know weblogic uses jvm to run and uses a part of jvm memory. But I am facing one problem in which JVM is getting crashed again and again resulting my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj.tati
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ

I have Solaris-10 server running ZFS file-system. ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01 is one of the non global zone. I wanted to increase a /ttms/prod file-system of zone, which is actually /zone/ctdp04_vs03-pttmsp01/ttms/prod on global server. I have added a new disk of 9 GB, which is emcpower56a and now I can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Procedure to increase file system

Hi, How/what is the procedure to increase file system in linux server ? Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase /tmp file system size dynamically in Solaris zone

Hi Please let me know how to increase the size of /tmp file system from 512m to 1024m dynamically without reboot in solaris zone # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on zones/zone1 11G 1.0G 10.0G 10% / /dev 11G 1.0G ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
lvextend(1M)															      lvextend(1M)

NAME
lvextend - increase space, increase mirrors for LVM logical volume SYNOPSIS
autobackup] le_number | lv_size | mirror_copies lv_path [pv_path ... | pvg_name ...] Remarks Mirrored disk operations require the installation of the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software, which is not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
The command can increase a logical volume's allocated extents, or increase its number of mirrored copies. Other logical volume characteristics can be modified with the and commands (see lvchange(1M) and lvreduce(1M)). To limit the allocation to specific physical volumes, specify the physical volume names as pv_path arguments or specify the physical volume group names as pvg_name arguments. Otherwise, all of the physical volumes in a volume group are available for allocating new physical extents. LVM always ensures that physical extent allocation can satisfy the current allocation policy or policies. If a physical volume is not suitable for use with a certain allocation policy, it is not used during physical extent allocation, even it is specified in a pv_path argument or indirectly in a pvg_name argument. The pvg_name argument is allowed only if one of the allocation policies of the logical volume is PVG-strict. Options and Arguments The option is only meaningful if the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software has been installed. recognizes the following options and arguments: lv_path The block device path name of a logical volume. pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume. pvg_name The name of a physical volume group (see lvmpvg(4)). Set automatic backup for this invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes this time. Increase the space allocated to the logical volume, specified in logical extents. le_number is a decimal value greater than the current number of logical extents. le_number must be at least 1 and no greater than a volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum number of logical extents for the volume group version. One, and only one, or option must be supplied. Increase the space allocated to the logical volume, specified in megabytes. lv_size is a decimal value greater than the current logical volume size. lv_size must be at least 1 and no greater than a volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum logical volume size for the volume group version. lv_size is rounded up to the nearest multiple of the logical extent size, equivalent to the physical extent size defined for the volume group by the command (see vgcreate(1M)). One, and only one, or option must be specified. Set the number of mirror copies allocated for each logical extent. A mirror copy contains the same data as the original. mirror_copies must be at least 1 and no greater than a volume group version-dependent maximum; use the command to determine the maximum number of mirror copies for the volume group version. mirror_copies must be greater than the current value. Data in the new copies is synchronized unless the option is specified. The synchronization process can be time consuming, depending on hardware characteristics and the amount of data. One, and only one, or option must be specified. Do not synchronize the new mirror copies. This may affect data high availability so use or to synchronize the mirrors. The option must be specified along with this option. Striped Logical Volume considerations Striped and mirrored logical volumes are supported. An increase in size of a striped logical volume is done by increments of stripes logical extents. One increment corresponds to stripes physical extents if the volume is not mirrored or to stripes * (mirror_copies + 1) physical extents if the volume is mirrored. stripes is the number of disks the logical volume is striped across. It is set with the option stripes of the command. mirror_copies is the number of mirror copies allocated for each extent. It is set with the option of the and commands. LVM striped logical volumes are always allocated using the strict or PVG-strict allocation policies. Each physical extent of an increment is allocated on a different physical volume in the volume group. A size increase of a striped volume requires at least stripes (or stripes * (mirror_copies + 1) if the volume is mirrored) physical volumes with adequate free space and meeting the allocation policy. An increase of the number of mirror copies of a striped volume requires at least (stripes times the number of copies to add) physical vol- umes with adequate free space and meeting the allocation policy. Shared Volume Group Considerations For volume group version 1.0 and 2.0, cannot be used if the volume group is activated in shared mode. For volume groups version 2.1 (or higher), can be performed when activated in either shared, exclusive, or standalone mode. Note that the daemon must be running on all the nodes sharing a volume group activated in shared mode. See lvmpud(1M). If physical volume groups are passed as arguments, uses the physical volume group file of the system where the command is issued (the server). LVM shared mode is currently only available in Serviceguard clusters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Increase the number of the logical extents of a logical volume to 100: Increase the logical volume size to 400 MB: Allocate two mirrors (that is, two copies of the original) for each logical extent of a logical volume: Mirror a logical volume onto a particular physical volume. Allocate one mirror and do not synchronize the new mirror copy: Increase the size of a file system existing on a logical volume. First, increase the size of the logical volume. Unmount the file system. Extend the file system to occupy the entire (larger) logical volume. Remount the file system. WARNINGS
The creation of striped and mirrored logical volume(s) may prevent the import and activation of the volume group on an earlier HP-UX release. See lvcreate(1M) on the earlier release to see if it explicitly states that striping and mirroring is supported. If the striped and mirrored logical volumes of the volume group are removed or un-mirrored, the volume group becomes again compatible with the older HP-UX releases. SEE ALSO
lvchange(1M), lvcreate(1M), lvdisplay(1M), lvmadm(1M), lvmpud(1M), lvreduce(1M), lvsync(1M), pvchange(1M), pvdisplay(1M), vgsync(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvextend(1M)