Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation Fault
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Segmentation Fault Post 302737939 by Praveen_218 on Friday 30th of November 2012 05:12:12 AM
Old 11-30-2012
Your code Problems ...

Need to handle errors for values of the two variables 'player' and 'pc' for out of range values.

For eg. What if player == 0 and also pc == 0 .

Please dry run the below few lines from your own code and see what you get:

Code:
void findWinner(int player,int pc)
{
	const char *items[3]={"Paper","Scissors","Rock"};
	printf("Client: %s\n",items[player-1]);
	printf ("Computer: %s\n",items[pc-1]);

You are bound to get segmentation faults, isn't it? Smilie

Happy programming!!!!!!
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Praveen_218 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

4. AIX

Segmentation fault

Hi , During execution a backup binary i get following error "Program error 11 (Segmentation fault), saving core file in '/usr/datatools" Riyaz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rshaikh
2 Replies

5. Programming

Why not a segmentation fault??

Hi, Why I don't receive a segmentation fault in the following sample. int main(void) { char buff; sprintf(buff,"Hello world"); printf("%s\n",buff); } If I define a buffer of 10 elements and I'm trying to put inside it twelve elements, Should I receive a sigsev... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
22 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

7. Programming

segmentation fault

Hi, I am having this segmentation fault not in the following program, bt. in my lab program . My lab program is horrible long so cannot post it here bt. I am using the following logic in my program which is giving the segmentation fault. Bt. if I run this sample program as it is it dosen't give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
aseqnet(1)						      General Commands Manual							aseqnet(1)

NAME
aseqnet - ALSA sequencer connectors over network SYNOPSIS
aseqnet [remotehost] DESCRIPTION
aseqnet is an ALSA sequencer client which sends and receives event packets over network. Suppose two hosts connected by network, hostA as a server and hostB as a client. The ALSA sequencer system must be running on both hosts. For creating the server port, run the following on hostA: hostA% aseqnet sequencer opened: 128:0 Then a user client 128 with port 0 was opened on hostA. (The client number may vary.) For creating the (network-)client port, run aseqnet with the hostname of the server: hostB% aseqnet hostA sequencer opened: 132:0 Now all events sent to hostA:128:0 are transferred to hostB:132:0, and vice versa. The ports created by aseqnet can be connected arbitrary to other sequencer ports via aconnect(1). For example, to connect hostB:132:0 to a MIDI output device 65:0: hostB% aconnect 132:0 65:0 Then events to hostA:128:0 will be delivered to hostB:65:0. The following command plays MIDI on hostB. hostA% pmidi -p 128:0 foo.mid The multiple clients may exist simultaneously. If hostC is connected as a client to hostA, events from from hostA are sent to all con- nected network clients, i.e. hostB and hostC. However, only one connection is allowed from a client to a server. To disconnect network, stop all clients before server by ctrl-C or sending signal to them. The server will automatically quit. OPTIONS
-p port Specify the TCP port number or TCP service name. -s addr Subscribe to the given address for read automatically. -d addr Subscribe to the given address for write automatically. -v Verbose mode. SEE ALSO
aconnect(1), pmidi(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>. January 1, 2000 aseqnet(1)