Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring an html web page changes Post 302737845 by prvnrk on Thursday 29th of November 2012 09:42:56 PM
Old 11-29-2012
wget is NOT working at all because sometimes the downloaded HTML file size is getting different (few bytes) even though no changes in the web page.

It's weird and I don't think we can rely on wget for this.

Any suggestions would highly be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Html web page to Unix Connectivity

Hi All, I need a basic overview of connecting a HTML web page to Unix I will give a brief of my exact requirement. There will be a front end HTML page - a web page which will have certain buttons. Each button will have certain functionality. For eg: There is a button for Disk Usage. When the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
2 Replies

4. Web Development

findstr in html page

I am planning to create an html page that will count number of connected ports, challenge for me is how to put it in a page. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the html page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need mention this page in my web browser to access it. Without apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arasu
1 Replies
UPSSTATS.CGI(8) 						    NUT Manual							   UPSSTATS.CGI(8)

NAME
upsstats.cgi - Web-based UPS status viewer SYNOPSIS
upsstats.cgi Note As a CGI program, this should be invoked through your web server. If you run it from the command line, it will either complain about unauthorized access or spew a bunch of HTML at you. DESCRIPTION
upsstats.cgi uses template files to build web pages containing status information from UPS hardware. It can repeat sections of those template files to monitor several UPSes simultaneously, or focus on a single UPS. These templates can also include references to upsimage.cgi(8) for graphical displays of battery charge levels, voltage readings, and the UPS load. ACCESS CONTROL
upsstats will only talk to upsd(8) servers that have been defined in your hosts.conf(5). If it complains that "Access to that host is not authorized", check that file first. TEMPLATES
The web page that is displayed is actually a template containing commands to upsstats which are replaced by status information. The default file used for the overview is upsstats.html. When monitoring a single UPS, the file displayed is upsstats-single.html. The format of these files, including the possible commands, is documented in upsstats.html(5). FILES
hosts.conf(5), upsstats.html(5), upsstats-single.html SEE ALSO
upsimage.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSTATS.CGI(8)