Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring an html web page changes Post 302737779 by mercy on Thursday 29th of November 2012 03:27:17 PM
Old 11-29-2012
some thing like
first:
Code:
wget http://domain.com/path/to/page.html
md5 page.html > previous_md5
rm page.html

then run script (from cron)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
wget http://domain.com/path/to/page.html
md5 page.html > last_md5
diff previous_md5 last_md5
if [ "$?" = "!" ] ; then 
      mail -s "page.html changed on `date`" your@mail.addr
fi
mv last_md5 previous_md5
rm page.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Html web page to Unix Connectivity

Hi All, I need a basic overview of connecting a HTML web page to Unix I will give a brief of my exact requirement. There will be a front end HTML page - a web page which will have certain buttons. Each button will have certain functionality. For eg: There is a button for Disk Usage. When the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing a HTML page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. I can access the default apache web page from my windows machine. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/myname/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
2 Replies

4. Web Development

findstr in html page

I am planning to create an html page that will count number of connected ports, challenge for me is how to put it in a page. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Call shell script from HTML page - without web server

Hi, I have html page in my unix machine(server), which I will open with firefox or mozilla available in unix machine. Firefox or mozilla will be opened using x windows. Since I have access to unix machien(like other users) and this HTML page is for user having access to Unix machine, I see no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamanu9
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attached HTML page to Email

Greeting all, Not sure anyone tested to send out email with HTML page as attachment from Shell Script ? I know if I use uuencode file.html approach, the mail receive in attachment is empty. So I guess uuencode cannot be use for the html code. Appreciate if anyone can share the code to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the html page

Hi All, In our unix server we have an apache web server running. Now, I want to create my own webpage. Therefore I created webpage at /export/home/test.html file. Where do I need to place this file and what do I need mention this page in my web browser to access it. Without apache... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arasu
1 Replies
QStrListIterator(3qt)													     QStrListIterator(3qt)

NAME
QStrListIterator - Iterator for the QStrList and QStrIList classes SYNOPSIS
#include <qstrlist.h> Inherits QPtrListIterator<char>. DESCRIPTION
The QStrListIterator class is an iterator for the QStrList and QStrIList classes. This class is a QPtrListIterator<char> instance. It can traverse the strings in the QStrList and QStrIList classes. See also Non-GUI Classes. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qstrlistiterator.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qstrlistiterator.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QStrListIterator(3qt)