Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk issue Post 302737653 by Yoda on Thursday 29th of November 2012 11:20:27 AM
Old 11-29-2012
Can you please post the content of XXX_result.txt and also post the desired output you want from this file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk issue

Hi, # grep "^Listen" httpd.conf | awk '{print $2}' FrontEnd_1_IP:8081 FrontEnd_2_IP:8081 8081 8082 8083 # I need to get the values one at a time but I just can't manage to do that. Thanks, Bianca (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk issue

Can someone please explain below code. $LIST|awk ' /^$/ { next } substr($0,1,4)=="Exiting" { mk = 1; next } mk==1 { print $3,$7,$10,$14; exit } Cheers, gehlnar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in awk

In the following code, Im trying to imbed many statements in a single awk statement. But it gives an error on that, for i in `less usage_types_dwh.txt` do cd /u01/app/evident/analysis_lab/usg_type grep $i svc_type.txt | head -1 | awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {print $1 "==" $2 ":" $3 ":" $4;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alishehzadpaul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with AWK

I have this input file 0FB7,1083,Synchronized,FriNov121655,2816_7RAID5,05F:1_10F:1,10000000NoneNone,DC_db00p01 0FB7,1150,Split,MonApr180658,2816_7R5GC,N/A,N/A,N/A 06C4,0710,Synchronized,WedMar91105,2816_7RAID5,04E:1_11E:1,10000000NoneNone,DL_nb00p25... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greycells
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk NR issue

Hi guys, i am trying to analyze a text file using awk and am not able to solve this issue. This is the piece of code that I have written BEGIN { ## Time to count MACs -> 5 seconds. TIME_LIMIT = 5; k = 50000; } ## For every line. { time_in_seconds = $1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Issue

Hey, this is my code, cat $fulltrpath | while read line do inputfile=$(sed 1q $fulltrpath | awk '{ FS = "\t"; print $2$1}') outputpath=$(sed 1q $fulltrpath | awk '{ FS = "\t"; print $3 }') echo $inputfile echo $outputpath cp $inputfile $outputpath let path++ done if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inshafccna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue trying to use awk

Hi Gurus, I am facing a similar issue usiung an awk command. Below is my requirement: ---DATA--- A;F;G A;D;E A;D;E B;Z;P C;Z;Q Expected: A F<TAB>G D<TAB>E D<TAB>E B D<TAB>E (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - issue to get the right IP

On AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1, I have this script for checking printers being pingable or not. for i in `lsallq` do echo "Queue Name: " $i echo "----------------------------------------" for j in `lsallqdev -q $i` do echo " Device Name:" $j hname=`echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk issue

OK, so I am trying to use awk as a method of accessing a table stored in a file to then provide the capability of a look up table. The table is stored in a file named "/Users/jhaney/Desktop/assetTypeMapping.tsv" and looks like this: aCategory aLetter aNumber AssetCat1 A 123 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhaneyzz
10 Replies
kits(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   kits(1)

Name
       kits - generate setld format distribution kits

Syntax
       /usr/sys/dist/kits key-file input-path output-path [ subset...  ]

Description
       The  command  produces  subset images, inventories, and control files for an installation using the command.  You need to know the key file
       which describes the product to be built, a hierarchy from which the component files to be kitted are to be taken, and a destination  direc-
       tory into which the kit information is to be placed.

The command produces a subset image and a .image file in the output-path directory for each subset. In the instctrl subdirectory of output-
       path, produces an inventory file and a control file. Any subset control program for the subset is transferred to output-path/instctrl.	An
       instctrl directory is created if none existed.

Arguments
       key-file       The  path  name of the manufacturing key file which describes the product to be kitted. Unless optional subset arguments are
		      specified, all subsets listed in the descriptor section of the key-file are kitted.

input-path     The path name which specifies the top of a hierarchy of files. This hierarchy contains the files which are to be kitted into
		      subsets.

output-path    The name of the directory to be used to store the subset image and data files produced by the command.

subset...      The names of individual subsets can be specified by optionally listing them on the command line. If they are specified, only
		      those subsets will be kitted. The program assumes that all other subsets for the product have been  kitted  and  that  their
		      images  are  in  the  directory  specified  by output-path.  The key file specified must contain descriptors for each of the
		      optional named subsets.

Restrictions
       Any subset control programs to be provided with the kit must be located in a directory scps in the working directory where the  program	is
       invoked. If no subset control program is found for a subset, an empty one is created.

Examples
       The  following  example	shows the command used to produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the
       hierarchy /var/kits/input and place the results in /var/kits/output.
	   kits ULT400.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output
       The next example shows the same usage, but specifies that only the ULTACCT400 subset is to be created.
	   kits ULT400.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output ULTACCT400

Diagnostics
       kits: key-file not found
       The program was unable to find the key-file specified on the command line.

kits: input-path not found
       The program was unable to find the specified input-path.

kits: output-path not found
       The program was unable to find the  specified output-path.

kits: cannot create instctrl directory.
       The program cannot create an instctrl directory under output-path.  Check that the user has write permission to output-path.

kits: key-file format error
       One of the NAME, CODE, VERS, MI or ROOT values in the specified key-file is either missing or has a null value.

Inventory file pathname not found
       The master inventory file pathname specified in the MI entry of the key-file cannot be found. Verify that the pathname is  accessible  from
       the current directory.

Generating media creation information...failed.
       There  are  no records in the master inventory file for a subset which is being kitted.	Check the master inventory file for correctness of
       content and format.

No such subset in key-file subset subset
       A subset name specified on the command line does not have a descriptor line in the key-file.  Check the spelling of the subset name on  the
       command line.  Check the contents of the key-file.

compression failed. status = status
       The  compression  option  was specified in the key-file and an attempt to compress a subset failed. This should not happen. Run the program
       once more.

Files
       temporary files.

log of subset packaging activity

See Also
       invcutter(1), tarsets(1), stl_comp(5), stl_ctrl(5), stl_image(5), stl_key(5), stl_mi(5), stl_scp(5), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

kits(1)