Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk issue Post 302737645 by Jared on Thursday 29th of November 2012 11:08:15 AM
Old 11-29-2012
awk issue

Hi all,

i am trying to use below command to see the output of hardware inventory, but i only see 2 first line no output of the command.

Code:
awk '/Hardware/ {print $0}' XXX_result.txt 
Hardware inventory:
Hardware inventory:

any idea how to see whatever is under hardware inventory.

i will really appreciate your help!

jared

Last edited by Scott; 11-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk issue

Hi, # grep "^Listen" httpd.conf | awk '{print $2}' FrontEnd_1_IP:8081 FrontEnd_2_IP:8081 8081 8082 8083 # I need to get the values one at a time but I just can't manage to do that. Thanks, Bianca (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk issue

Can someone please explain below code. $LIST|awk ' /^$/ { next } substr($0,1,4)=="Exiting" { mk = 1; next } mk==1 { print $3,$7,$10,$14; exit } Cheers, gehlnar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in awk

In the following code, Im trying to imbed many statements in a single awk statement. But it gives an error on that, for i in `less usage_types_dwh.txt` do cd /u01/app/evident/analysis_lab/usg_type grep $i svc_type.txt | head -1 | awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {print $1 "==" $2 ":" $3 ":" $4;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alishehzadpaul
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with AWK

I have this input file 0FB7,1083,Synchronized,FriNov121655,2816_7RAID5,05F:1_10F:1,10000000NoneNone,DC_db00p01 0FB7,1150,Split,MonApr180658,2816_7R5GC,N/A,N/A,N/A 06C4,0710,Synchronized,WedMar91105,2816_7RAID5,04E:1_11E:1,10000000NoneNone,DL_nb00p25... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greycells
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk NR issue

Hi guys, i am trying to analyze a text file using awk and am not able to solve this issue. This is the piece of code that I have written BEGIN { ## Time to count MACs -> 5 seconds. TIME_LIMIT = 5; k = 50000; } ## For every line. { time_in_seconds = $1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Issue

Hey, this is my code, cat $fulltrpath | while read line do inputfile=$(sed 1q $fulltrpath | awk '{ FS = "\t"; print $2$1}') outputpath=$(sed 1q $fulltrpath | awk '{ FS = "\t"; print $3 }') echo $inputfile echo $outputpath cp $inputfile $outputpath let path++ done if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inshafccna
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue trying to use awk

Hi Gurus, I am facing a similar issue usiung an awk command. Below is my requirement: ---DATA--- A;F;G A;D;E A;D;E B;Z;P C;Z;Q Expected: A F<TAB>G D<TAB>E D<TAB>E B D<TAB>E (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - issue to get the right IP

On AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1, I have this script for checking printers being pingable or not. for i in `lsallq` do echo "Queue Name: " $i echo "----------------------------------------" for j in `lsallqdev -q $i` do echo " Device Name:" $j hname=`echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with awk issue

OK, so I am trying to use awk as a method of accessing a table stored in a file to then provide the capability of a look up table. The table is stored in a file named "/Users/jhaney/Desktop/assetTypeMapping.tsv" and looks like this: aCategory aLetter aNumber AssetCat1 A 123 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhaneyzz
10 Replies
newinv(1)						      General Commands Manual							 newinv(1)

NAME
newinv - Updates distribution kit master inventory SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/newinv mi-file input-path... OPERANDS
The pathname of the master inventory file to be processed. If no master inventory file exists, you must create an empty one before using the newinv command. The name of the product hierarchy to be scanned for files belonging in the inventory. All files and directories found below the input-path are processed as belonging in the inventory. DESCRIPTION
The newinv command interactively maintains the master inventory files used for producing distribution kits in setld format. The program updates the master inventory for a product when changes are made to the hierarchy of files that are to be packaged in the subsets which constitute the product. The product hierarchy is scanned to produce a list of component path names relative to input-path. The list of pathnames is processed against the mi-file to produce a list of files that have been removed from the product hierarchy and a list of files that have been added. The user is then given an opportunity to intervene and direct the inventory maintenance by editing these lists. The user is placed in the editor with each list available for editing. The editor used is the one specified by the EDITOR environment variable. If EDITOR is not set, vi is used. When editing the list of files that have been removed from the product, the user is expected to verify that the removals were intentional and confirm the intent by removing the associated records from the file. When editing the list of added files, the user is expected to provide options and subset information for each new file, transforming the elements of the list into master inventory records. To produce a new copy of the master inventory file, both of these lists are merged with the records for the files which existed in the pre- vious version and are still included. RESTRICTIONS
The default text editor, if not specified in $EDITOR, is /usr/ucb/vi. Files in the product hierarchy cannot be excluded from the master inventory. Files can be blocked from being kitted in the final distribu- tion kit by setting the subset field of the master inventory record to a minus sign (-). ERRORS
The mi-file specified on the command line cannot be found. The input-path directory specified on the command line does not exist. EXAMPLES
To update the hypothetical master inventory file OAT100.mi from the hierarchy beginning at /var/kits/input, type: newinv OAT100.mi /var/kits/input FILES
Backup copy of master inventory The list of files missing from the product The list of files new to the product Intermediate join file List of all files in the product SEE ALSO
invcutter(1), kits(1), vi(1), setld(8) stl_mi(4) environ(5) Guide to Preparing Product Kits newinv(1)