Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Dividing traffic with u32 iptables filter Post 302734853 by new_item on Friday 23rd of November 2012 01:55:47 AM
Old 11-23-2012
Your point of view seems to be correct. This matter is open for discussion. We hope that traffic will normalize to achieve equal distribution.

But this solution have to be tested on real traffic.

Any alternatives to this idea will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

measuring traffic with iptables

i have a wireless network that is connected to internet over nat.there is ap that is connected to another ap in bridge mode, on ap is used for clients, and the other is connected to the machine that is doing masquerading. so i want to measure traffic of my clients and i thought about doing it with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdfk
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Iptables/TC: how to make masqueraded traffic go through an openVPN tun0?

Hi all! We have a setup of three computers; Machine A (eth0) -> Machine B (eth0, hso0, tun0) -> Machine C (eth0, tun0) hso0 is the packet interface of a 3G modem, it behaves like a normal network interface. Machine B and C are connected in a VPN using openVPN (TCP). Machine A is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theVOID
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

SMTP traffic filter on FreeBSD 7.0 gateway

Hello, I have a question about ways to filter smtp traffic that passes from LAN through FreeBSD 7.0 machine (configured with NAT and gateway="yes" in /etc/rc.conf) to the Internet. I've installed both SpamAssassin and ClamAv, and now need the software that would listen to port 25 on private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matagou
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block incoming traffic FTP from internet using iptables

Hi everybody. I have the next scenary: eth0: WAN eth1: DMZ eth2: LAN I need to block all incoming trafic from the internet through my network LAN using iptables. I have squid but i need to do this using ipatbles. I have been listening about iptables -A FORDAWARD but I am stuck right... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edeamat
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Traffic shaping with iptables

hello, I have a postfix & a local dns running on a single server. this server is connected to internet via a low bandwidth line(with fixed ip). we also have another high speed adsl (dynamic ip). i want to divert all dns request from the local dns & postfix from the server to the adsl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Creating iptables filter rules applicable to both FORWARD and OUTPUT chains

Hi all, I have a script which permits users to access to a large list of IP ranges. Before, access to these ranges was granted by using a shell script to perform the necessary FORWARD chain command to allow traffic coming from the br0 interface and exiting the WAN interface, since br0 was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dividing by zero

Does anyone know how to include as a script maybe an "echo" warning that explains that if a user uses the second number "zero" when dividing, that the result will BE "zero." I need, example: 5/0 (second number) = 0, in script form. current script: echo "Enter a number" read num1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
4 Replies

9. Proxy Server

iptables as "proxy" and a filter

Dear community, since I am a german guy, excuse gramatical mistakes. I create a proxy to hide my application servers public IP from my customers. I am actually using those 3 lines (for testing reasons I am forwarding the traffic which connects to the ubuntu proxy to my apache webserver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tschulian
1 Replies

10. Debian

Linux outbound traffic filtering with: cgroups + tc + iptables

I spent a lot of time trying to implement outbound traffic filtering with: cgroups + tc + iptables on Debian Jessie. Unfortunately there is still something wrong. The biggest issue is: - cgroups install + config - net_cls subsystem implementation - packets marking with net_cls - appropriate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novi
0 Replies
Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)				       Linux					 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)

NAME
fw - fwmark traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... fw [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
the fw filter allows to classify packets based on a previously set fwmark by iptables. If it is identical to the filter's handle, the fil- ter matches. iptables allows to mark single packets with the MARK target, or whole connections using CONNMARK. The benefit of using this filter instead of doing the heavy-lifting with tc itself is that on one hand it might be convenient to keep packet filtering and classifi- cation in one place, possibly having to match a packet just once, and on the other users familiar with iptables but not tc will have a less hard time adding QoS to their setups. OPTIONS
classid CLASSID Push matching packets to the class identified by CLASSID. action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. EXAMPLES
Take e.g. the following tc filter statement: tc filter add ... handle 6 fw classid 1:1 will match if the packet's fwmark value is 6. This is a sample iptables statement marking packets coming in on eth0: iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 6 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iptables(8), iptables-extensions(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)