Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Uniq code in sorted order
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uniq code in sorted order Post 302733153 by elixir_sinari on Monday 19th of November 2012 10:09:40 PM
Old 11-19-2012
Code:
awk -F, '!c[$3]++' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorted processes

Hi, I am trying to make a script that creates a list of all active (alive) processes sorted by size and then print this list on screen. Could anyone help me? Thaks a lot (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pro
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 sorted files

Hi all, please give me the commands using which i can compare 2 sorted files and get the difference in third file, indiating where the difference is from either file1 or file2. as: File1 (Original file) GARRY JOHN JULIE SAM --------------- File2 DEV GARRY JOHN JOHNIEE (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing code on files in the sorted order -help!

Say i have 2 files in the giving format: file1 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 file2 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 I have a PERL code (loaned by one of u -i forgot who - thanks!) that extracts the 2nd column from each file and append horizontally to a new file: perl -ane 'push @{$L->}, $F; close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epi8
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sorted file

Hi Is there any unix shell command or utility to know if the file is sorted or not? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numerically sorted filenames

How do you sort filenames: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing sorted expression

Hi All, How can I print the sorted results of the following expression in Perl ?? print "$i\t$h{$i}\n"; I tried print (sort ("$i\t$h{$i}")"\n"); and other variations of the same but failed. Can someone suggest how to solve this problem, as I'm tryin print sorted results of my script, which... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the files based on timestamp and execute sorted files in order

Hi I have a requirement like below I need to sort the files based on the timestamp in the file name and run them in sorted order and then archive all the files which are one day old to temp directory My files looks like this PGABOLTXML1D_201108121235.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saidutta123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read filenames in sorted order

Hi , My requirement is to scan a directory for file names with LTR.PDF* and send those files via ftp to another server one by one. Now the the problem is file names are like LTR.PDF ,LTR.PDF1 ,LTR.PDF2.....LTR.PDF10..upto 99 and these needs to be sent in sorted order. is there a way to get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrk
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a summary file of all files in a directory sorted in reverse alphabetical order.?

I have an interactive script which works terrific at processing a folder of unsorted files into new directories. I am wondering how I could modify my script so that( upon execution) it provides an additional labelled summary file on my desktop that lists all of the files in each directory that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix to 3 col sorted

Hello experts, I have matrices sorted by position, there are 400k rows, 3000 columns. ID CHR POS M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 ID1 1 1 4.6 2.6 2.1 3.5 4.2 ID2 1 100 3.6 2.9 3.2 2.6 2.5 ID3 1 1000 4.1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
9 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)